View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 10:18 AM
LGV-XFIRE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: N/A 74mm Throttle Body Upgrade Guide

Originally Posted by RedXfire04
I see this thread has been left barren for some time, but I have multiple questions about this modification. Ive run the part numbers and done research and I know I have the right part and I'm convinced that my installation process was correct. Im 17 years old and have mechanical experience, but this baffles me. I installed the 74mm TB and performed the throttle reset procedure, (key on, hold pedal for five secs, wait 2 mins) and once I started the car, the RPMs just bounced up and down at idle. It did this multiple times after multiple throttle reset procedures. I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes to reset the computer and try again, but nothing changed. Im wondering if the upgraded MAF and/or MAF housing is needed in order to make this work. I checked all of the vacuum lines and everything was connected properly. Am I doing something wrong? Please, if anyone is still out there, I am in desperate need. Thanks!

Red 2004 N/A Xfire 6 speed 17,000 miles.
I got the 74mm TB and the bigger MAF. That might be what's needed. If you get the new MAF, you will need to use the old sensor so that you don't have any more problems.

Also, HOW THE HECK DO YOU HAVE A 2004 WITH 17000 MILES?