Old 12-13-2020, 03:24 PM
ABSAAL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Transmission Fluid, Differential Fluid at 100k Mile

Hello all, I recently received my Mom's 2004 Crossfire Coupe as a gift, and I love the thing. I have fixed countless issues on it through the great minds of this forum, but needed some advice
My car has 98,090 miles, and I wanted to do the 100k mile maintenance within the next month or two. My mom and I are am the second owner since about 60k miles.
1. I am not sure about the transmission history, but I know we have never changed the fluid. Is it advisable to do so now? It may be 100k mile old trans fluid. I don't want the transmission slipping.
2. Same thing with the rear transfer case. I am not sure about its history with the previous owner, but I know we have never changed it. Advisable to do it now at almost 100k?
3. I am going to do spark plugs and wires, but not coils as I have read on this forum that coils are a waste of money. I am looking at Bosch double platinum spark plugs and STI wires on fcpeuro.com. Are these good, or should I get something better such as Bosch Iridium? I have seen the stuff on Needswings, but personally don't like NGK and want to stick with Bosch. I have owned 4 Mercedes vehicles, and Bosch has worked great for each of them.
4. I am going to do a coolant flush with prestone long life. I don't feel like spending $20 on some specialty Mercedes coolant. Will Prestone do the job? Also, should i change out my thermostat as well for some preventative maintenance?
5. Anything else I should keep in mind?

Thanks!