Old 12-30-2020, 02:03 AM
srt6Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Throttle body size increase by almost 26%

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
All positives with no ill effects, we first tried using even larger throttle bodies but that caused drivability issues we were not able to resolve... = no good for a street car. This throttle body is solved and remains happy with the ecu and allows the DCAI to exploit its abilities. i have not dynoed it yet and probably will not as every time we install it we do more to the car than just the throttle body itself as so much needs to come off the car that we always end up porting the s/c runners and such at the same time.

reduced restriction and ability to feed more air/oxygen, yes, same benefits blown versus naturally aspirated. larger bore means less air friction and thus lower temps as well. all around good-ness.

thank you, and thank you for supporting us! we have more up our sleeves yet

we installed both onto a customers car here and will have pretty datalog graphs once the roads clear, in progress of another 10" of snow here today

as has been furnished to anyone who has asked, a2731410325

ECU and drivability remains happy

sure, well both, thank you for the correction, i will edit it for you.
Hello, I know this is an old thread it am interested in this Throttle body upgrade down the road. Being we usually need to add fuel for mods such as a 178mm pulley with crossover intake manifolds, I assume we may need to add more fuel to adjust for such a huge addition in airflow? such as having a fuel pressure regulator? Thanks again your the man Rob!