View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 03:48 PM
Sussudio
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Re: rarest color combo

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
My 2007 Coupe is Machine Gray and it does have a "bluish" hue to it. And it doesn't take a custom-like paint job to achieve. I buy the color from Automotive Touchup as a direct match.

The Graphite Gray color in 2004 - 2005 was somewhat like a "gum metal" gray back in the "good old days". Put cars of these colors side-by-side and there is a distinct difference in the hues. Graphite Gray is a traditional "gray-looking" car; Machine Gray looks sort of "steel blue", which Chrysler actually called a color they offered on the PT Cruiser. I don't think the Crossfire color & the PT Cruiser color are the same, but they are close. Machine Gray definitely has some blue-like metallic in it.

If you look over the MOPAR color chart attached, it clearly shows the distinction between the 2 grays offered on the Crossfire.

I can still see that Oyster Gold Roadster with the Tuxedo interior. Attached picture will let everyone else see it. I remember because it was the 1st Crossfire I saw with the Tuxedo interior & the Dark Gray steering wheel. Can't remember whether he changed it out or it was a 2008 car, which came that way.

I know this post is about a year and half old but it’s still an interesting thread. I’ve seen both the Graphite and Machine Gray colors mixed and the process to achieve their respected colors. Machine Gray uses a dark blue metallic in the base mixed with a Chrysler Gray. While Graphite Gray uses that same Gray that Machine Gray does it actually uses a dark red metallic mixed in it’s base to achieve its color. Pretty interesting to watch how it happens.
Also on a side note as a couple of you mentioned the Oyster Gold and Tuxedo interior being super rare and a desirable color combo. There’s a couple I believe that live in the same city as I do who are selling an 08’ in that trim. I think it has around 10’000 miles IIRC. It’s either in Edmond OK or OKC,OK. I’ve seen it pop up on Facebook Marketplace every now and then. I don’t know them at all so I’m not trying to make a sale or anything. Just came across this thread and thought I’d share what I’ve seen and know a bit about. 🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

The following users liked this post:
kas (01-10-2023)