Old 04-30-2021, 08:53 AM
GraphiteGhost
Received 400 Likes on 343 Posts
Default Re: I found this part to be the cause of the erratic climate control fan speed

Originally Posted by maggy55
For $3 it might be better to just replace it.

DONE! Simple (less than) 1 hour job from start to finish. I was surprised how fast the head went back into the dash. Usually, I have to jiggle those two shafts a couple (at least) times to get them to line up to their counterparts in the blend doors socket shafts. 100% functional, much smoother fan speed stepping now. Thanks Maggy55! Oh, two points, first, you'll have to line up the shaft to the circle on the PCB or the **** shaft will not align correctly through to the **** (just look through the hole in the new potentiometer and make sure it is lined up to the circle on the PCB, you'll have to 'bend' the pins to get it to line up right since the center tap pin is extended on the replacement). Second, you have to be sure you carefully match the fan **** shaft to the location where it is set to the off position of the ****. It is possible to get it 180 degrees out of whack. When you take it out of the old one, make sure it matches the setting on the old one and is not 180 degrees off. Super fast and easy repair!