Old 06-21-2021, 11:08 AM
latemodel21
Forum Regular
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Paddle shifter install instructions completed

Originally Posted by onehundred80
These kits are very professionally made up and the instructions are very clear and explicit so follow them. Read them at least twice and get to know what part is meant in each step. If you want a kit get it now this may be your last chance.
I found that cutting into the back of the steering wheel was the hardest part as you want to make sure you do it neatly and in the exact spot described. You want it to look like it was put in carefully, I used a fine pointed Xacto knife and pushed it in just a 1/16” so the cuts all joined up following the template. I thought tracing around the template could lead to the knife going off course and leave a deep cut in the plastic.
Cutting the rear of the console makes it a doddle to remove the ashtray assembly after you remove the four rear screws as the console can be sprung open to remove the ash tray easily.
Thanks for the kind words, Dave. So grateful for all of the input from seasoned members like yourself that has helped to make this kit and other products as useful and user/installer friendly as possible

AND, so grateful that you, and so many of my other friends, are still around after all this time (and the pandemic).

Cheers to all !
Chris