View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 10:55 AM
mrmuppet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT6 Water pump UK

I have a little play in the water pump so whilst doing a serpentine belt, coolant and thermostat replacement, I thought I would replace the water pump. Trying to obtain a water pump in the UK is like pulling teeth, I obtained one from Ebay after giving the registration number and confirming the part I wanted was #112 200 13 01 only to be delivered the wrong one, the supplier to the company I brought it from was adamant it was correct but there was no top mounting for the pulley.
A telephone call to more local dealers sparts department didn't start well, "I'm after a water pump for a Chrysler crossfire SRT6 mate" after a short pause the reply was "you do know you've rung Mercedes?" after much debate I told them to just order me the part number #112 200 13 01 at a cost of £308.
Collected it today, much to the astonishment of the dealer I confirmed it was correct, but when I got it home I took a better look and noticed the repair to the casing, this included an airline crack to the face side, the repair has obviously been made with an epoxy resin, after being told Mercedes would not supply faulty parts and then it's just a casting mark, they finally agreed to provide me with another pump next week.
Would anyone have accepted this as a reconditioned item and fitted it to their car?