Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT6 Water pump UK

Old 06-25-2021, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT6 Water pump UK

I have a little play in the water pump so whilst doing a serpentine belt, coolant and thermostat replacement, I thought I would replace the water pump. Trying to obtain a water pump in the UK is like pulling teeth, I obtained one from Ebay after giving the registration number and confirming the part I wanted was #112 200 13 01 only to be delivered the wrong one, the supplier to the company I brought it from was adamant it was correct but there was no top mounting for the pulley.
A telephone call to more local dealers sparts department didn't start well, "I'm after a water pump for a Chrysler crossfire SRT6 mate" after a short pause the reply was "you do know you've rung Mercedes?" after much debate I told them to just order me the part number #112 200 13 01 at a cost of £308.
Collected it today, much to the astonishment of the dealer I confirmed it was correct, but when I got it home I took a better look and noticed the repair to the casing, this included an airline crack to the face side, the repair has obviously been made with an epoxy resin, after being told Mercedes would not supply faulty parts and then it's just a casting mark, they finally agreed to provide me with another pump next week.
Would anyone have accepted this as a reconditioned item and fitted it to their car?

Old 06-25-2021, 10:14 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Water pump UK

Maybe I don't see what you are seeing. All I see are common casting lines. What does the original look like? James

Old 06-25-2021, 11:38 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmuppet
I have a little play in the water pump so whilst doing a serpentine belt, coolant and thermostat replacement, I thought I would replace the water pump. Trying to obtain a water pump in the UK is like pulling teeth, I obtained one from Ebay after giving the registration number and confirming the part I wanted was #112 200 13 01 only to be delivered the wrong one, the supplier to the company I brought it from was adamant it was correct but there was no top mounting for the pulley.
A telephone call to more local dealers sparts department didn't start well, "I'm after a water pump for a Chrysler crossfire SRT6 mate" after a short pause the reply was "you do know you've rung Mercedes?" after much debate I told them to just order me the part number #112 200 13 01 at a cost of £308.
Collected it today, much to the astonishment of the dealer I confirmed it was correct, but when I got it home I took a better look and noticed the repair to the casing, this included an airline crack to the face side, the repair has obviously been made with an epoxy resin, after being told Mercedes would not supply faulty parts and then it's just a casting mark, they finally agreed to provide me with another pump next week.
Would anyone have accepted this as a reconditioned item and fitted it to their car?
I cannot see what you are talking about, I see lines between the inserts that make up the mould, but no epoxy. I have worked on moulds for plastic, zinc and aluminum alloys for most of the time I worked. If you marked up where you see the epoxy it would help.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:08 PM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Looks like normal casting lines to me.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:26 PM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts

mrmuppet
The attached link contains the correct water pump for the SRT6, also for the MB SLK32. Compare the part number from this site to the one you have purchased. If the numbers are the same, you have the correct pump, otherwise you must purchase the correct one revealed in this link.
Good Luck....
Dennis
DTMenace

One Genuine Engine Water Pump 112200130188 for Mercedes MB C32 AMG SLK32 AMG | eBay

Old 09-04-2021, 06:56 AM

Finally received the correct pump in the end but before I could fit it the alternator failed, electrical burning smell within a minute of running, absolutely red hot to touch. Sourced an alternator from Ebay, after sending pictures and description I was assured they had the correct alternator and shipped it, obviously it was incorrect! Possibility of swapping the pulley and fitting as the specification was the same but unfortunately the earth cable just would not reach, so off both went to the electrical company to see if they could recondition mine, alas not, unserviceable. But, out of nowhere turns up this brand new alternator, unsure of the brand or quality of it but the guys had sourced one and sent it to me for no extra cost, hopefully for the few miles I do a year it will last a while.
So, to the fitting, all stripped down and ready for fitting, unfortunately I did not check the thermostat that the Ebay company sent me with the first water pump, of course that was incorrect also and for a non-supercharged version, yet again waited to receive the correct version, time had also lapsed so I was unable to return the original.
Recently got the car finished, off for a service and MOT, taxed and back on to the road after replacing the steering damper that didn't fail the MOT as they didn't know what it was luckily, then the acceleration issue that I have posted in the technical forum.
The car is very frustrating at the moment, but after ten years of ownership I can't help but to think it is self inflicted, I only drive it for a few hundred miles a year and is constantly garaged except for three months over last winter where it had to be outside, as I never take it out in the rain I didn't realise the drain was blocked which caused the passenger footwell to flood! boom went the amplifier, so I've spent the time its been off the road to fit a new head unit, amplifier and speakers all round, I may not be able to drive it to its potential but at least the sound system is good!

Old 09-04-2021, 08:32 AM
Received 184 Likes on 153 Posts

For as long as you have owned this car mrmuppet you should KNOW there are maintenance items which can not be ignored without expensive consequences. Sounds like you should get started before they hit your pocket book hard: siren? sticky key fix ?? all fluid changes??? RCM refurbished???? wing resealed????? all drains under cowl cleaned ????? Cabin filter replaced??????? Run any diagnostics lately??????? Alignment checked?????????? etc

Last edited by zip439; 09-04-2021 at 08:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Sussudio (08-12-2022)
Old 09-04-2021, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by zip439
For as long as you have owned this car mrmuppet you should KNOW there are maintenance items which can not be ignored without expensive consequences. Sounds like you should get started before they hit your pocket book hard: siren? sticky key fix ?? all fluid changes??? RCM refurbished???? wing resealed????? all drains under cowl cleaned ????? Cabin filter replaced??????? Run any diagnostics lately??????? Alignment checked?????????? etc
Yeah other than full service every year I probably have neglected it.
siren? Not read about that
sticky key fix ? I did mention that today

all fluid changes? Just done whilst I have been awaiting other parts
RCM refurbished? Just had this out to check the operation of the relays, all working at the moment
wing resealed? Not read about that either
all drains under cowl cleaned ? All done, after the event
Cabin filter replaced? Done due to water egress
Run any diagnostics lately? Just ran this again and ran live data on the four speed sensors and now showing no errors - Car still won't rev above 5000 or change gear whilst under full throttle
Alignment checked? Done on MOT
It will soon be off the road again until the end of spring next year and not actually got it running this year yet.

Old 09-04-2021, 10:45 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

There is a search feature at the top of the page that will get you info on the issues you are not aware of.

Old 09-04-2021, 02:36 PM

I am trying to be positive and not giving you a bad time: Just some hints as to what/where you should be looking at with a car that is 15 years old. Yes, please use the search box for sticky key fix (your's may already be fixed, but you should be aware of this problem), also search for water in trunk. That pertains to sealing your wing mounts.

Does your siren sound when after you push down on the panic button on the key FOB for a couple seconds? Yes, you are good, No then you need to remove it or replace it. It is also under the cowl.
Changed all the fluids? So you have had the brake system flushed with all new fluid, and what about sucking out the differential oil and have that replaced. It is probably 15 years old. As little as you use your car, perhaps the windshield washer fluid has green stuff growing in it. Do you use those washers often and has that fluid been sucked out and replaced. I'm guessing it may be 15 years old. And what about the transmission. Has it ever been serviced; pan dropped, new filter and correct fluid exchanged? What about steering fluid? Sucked out and replaced with the correct Mercedes fluid. DO NOT TRUST A GARAGE TO USE THE CORRECT FLUID REPLACEMENT UNLESS YOU ARE IN A MERCEDES SHOP.
The RCM will give you problems. It would be beneficial to have a spare available as it is a simple swap when it starts to give trouble.
Did you put a new belt on after repairing the alternator and water pump?
Hope that is helpful.

Old 09-04-2021, 03:26 PM

Thanks for the replies.
It is 15 years old yes, I've had it ten of those so unsure whether the key issue has been fixed, I will look in to after I've managed to fix the acceleration issue. I've checked the boot space and there is no damp in there, as mentioned it never goes out in the rain so it looks like it survived its 3 months outdoors in that relation.
There is no panic button on my key fobs, I have three two plus a service fob, not sure if these are different to the American and European spec?

You have got me with the diff oil, done a full brake fluid change whilst I was waiting for parts, gearbox filter and oil, after buying a long dip stick paying stupid money for a tiny locking pin, even the screen wash has been flushed and replaced, only by chance though as when it was serviced the garage said there was a leak, so I stripped it all out and found it was only leaking from the filler neck joint, the system was already full when they tried to fill it more!
You have me on the steering fluid also, something else to do whilst its off the road.
I can actually get a RCM Chrysler Crossfire parts and accessories parts are difficult to come by for the SRT6, Ebay suppliers just supply parts for the normally aspirated versions and believe them to be the same, motor factors don't stock parts specific to the SRT6/AMG32, a lot of parts you need to source from the Mercedees dealers and to be honest, they are not interest in anything Chrysler, there is a certain stigma when you say Chrysler in the UK. I did put a new serpentine belt on when I changed the water pump and alternator, again I had to get this from the dealers who assured me Mercedees parts don't fit Chrysler's.
Regarding fluids, believe it or not, Amazon are the best place to source fluids, they have a wide selection of Liqui Moly products, better than anywhere else.
I'm looking at the new fuel filter and old fuel pump now as a possible issue so I may as well reference and source the oil for the diff and do that at the same time, looks a quick task also, steering fluid will have to wait another month or so.

Old 09-04-2021, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by zip439
what about sucking out the differential oil .
Is this a correct substitute? Liqui Moly 1414 Fully Synthetic Gear Oil (Gl 5) Sae 75W-90

Old 09-04-2021, 04:33 PM
Received 378 Likes on 328 Posts

.......I can actually get a RCM Chrysler Crossfire parts and accessories parts are difficult to come by for the SRT6, Ebay suppliers just supply parts for the normally aspirated versions and believe them to be the same, motor factors don't stock parts specific to the SRT6/AMG32, a lot of parts you need to source from the Mercedees dealers and to be honest, they are not interest in anything Chrysler, there is a certain stigma when you say Chrysler in the UK. I did put a new serpentine belt on when I changed the water pump and alternator, again I had to get this from the dealers who assured me Mercedees parts don't fit Chrysler's.....

This entire paragraph is about as wrong as you can get with the information you are/were given. Yes, there are a few differences in the MB and Chrysler versions BUT the large majority of parts for the SLK320 and AMG32 vs the N/A and SRT-6 are easily swappable. You can save gobbs of pounds researching and asking in the forum here, for many of the parts for your car. The RCM (for instance) I believe is entirely swappable from the SRT-6, the N/a, the SLK-320, and the AMG-32 (for certain years). It is said with much emphasis to stay away from the Chrysler 'stealerships' because they will sell you something you need (if it is available) at one helluva markup (IMHO, a rip-off). MB independent garages would be the best place for you to go as most MB dealerships DO NOT LIKE or WORK on Chryslers (even though they are @ 85 % MB sourced parts especially the drivetrain given the N/A vs the S/C 3.2L motors.). If you take the car to a mechanic, whatever they say (based on your letting them say it) will ding your wallet much more than you would have to pay if you do some simple research yourself and buy parts needed by sourcing from the knowledgeable members here in the forum. All the best!

Old 09-04-2021, 05:20 PM

Hi, sorry, I know the vast amount of parts are compatible, I meant parts which are specific to the SRT6, the water pump I required, the thermostat, alternator, serpentine belt, these parts are what Ebay sellers believe to be the same as the N/A version which are not and are difficult to acquire, all where supplied incorrectly even after telling them the belt and pulleys where 8 ribbed, even giving them the Mercedes number they still provide the wrong part and insist its correct, blaming their suppliers for the wrong cross reference eventually. We have no Chrysler dealers that's why for specific parts it has to be Mercedes though they are reluctant to be associated with the cars, yeah, N/A parts can be plentifully but unfortunately the parts I've required recently have all been SRT specific. The site I linked is quite good for parts in the UK though they have no alternators or water pumps either and don't supply some parts which are SRT specific.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:13 AM

Is this a correct substitute? Liqui Moly 1414 Fully Synthetic Gear Oil (Gl 5) Sae 75W-90
The fact that it meets GL5, probably is okay. However , I believe, the correct the MB part # is A 0019898303 or A0019893303.
The Ligui Moly website does not show an approved differential oil for our cars.
As for power steering I use Pentosin CHF 11S but it should be Pentosin PSF. Liqui Moly OL 3100 is approved by Mercedes. The Mercedes Power steering fluid is 236.3 ( it has many MB part numbers, depending your location)
Good Luck!

Last edited by zip439; 09-05-2021 at 08:19 AM.
mrmuppet (09-05-2021)
Old 09-05-2021, 11:17 AM

Thanks, I can get these together from opieoils.co.uk

On there, just an example of what I was saying, https://www.opieoils.co.uk/f/100082/...bbed-belt.aspx look at the serpentine belt 6PK, not for a SRT6 as advertised.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:34 AM

"There is no panic button on my key fobs, I have three two plus a service fob, not sure if these are different to the American and European spec?"

I learned something here; The European fob has no panic button and it also works on a different frequency than the American cars. SO to test your siren you can get inside the car, lock the doors with the fob and wait until you see the red light flash on the tow alarm switch ( I am assuming you have that function, as it indicates the anti theft alarm is active) then open the drivers door from inside the car. Your siren should start blasting. Read your owners manual as to how to turn it off before you do this test. Here in the States we can simply push the Panic button. You may have to insert the key into the ignition, or from the outside insert and open the door again with the key. Check your owners manual.
A siren that does not function can cause additional problems. It has internal batteries which over time leak and ruin the circuit boards which are part of the anti theft system. You may simple disconnect a bad siren (it will do no harm that way) or replace it with a new one. That choice is yours. Mine still works on the SRT6, but it would be the exception. Many of the originals have failed by this point in time.

As to the water in the boot. You will not find dampness there. The water from a leaking wing will run down behind the panels and find it's way to the very bottom of the rear of the car. there is a compartment under the trunk carpet that fills with water and ruins expensive modules. If you are having no trouble you should consider putting a hole in a rubber round plug that is under the car's rear just outside the exhaust pipes to allow water to drain out of the compartment. Please use the search box in the upper top corner of the forum for water in trunk so you are informed of the problem and are aware of the remedies.
Good luck.

Last edited by zip439; 09-06-2021 at 10:36 AM.
mrmuppet (09-06-2021)
Old 08-12-2022, 12:59 PM

Beck/Arnley also makes the correct Srt6 water pump part number 131-2480. Also there are two pump casting’s with the 3rd water outlet (for the oil cooler), one moves the idler puller boss too close to the water pump pulley and will not work with the supercharger.

Correct Beck/Arnley water pump next to oem pump.