View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 06:56 AM
mrmuppet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Water pump UK

Finally received the correct pump in the end but before I could fit it the alternator failed, electrical burning smell within a minute of running, absolutely red hot to touch. Sourced an alternator from Ebay, after sending pictures and description I was assured they had the correct alternator and shipped it, obviously it was incorrect! Possibility of swapping the pulley and fitting as the specification was the same but unfortunately the earth cable just would not reach, so off both went to the electrical company to see if they could recondition mine, alas not, unserviceable. But, out of nowhere turns up this brand new alternator, unsure of the brand or quality of it but the guys had sourced one and sent it to me for no extra cost, hopefully for the few miles I do a year it will last a while.
So, to the fitting, all stripped down and ready for fitting, unfortunately I did not check the thermostat that the Ebay company sent me with the first water pump, of course that was incorrect also and for a non-supercharged version, yet again waited to receive the correct version, time had also lapsed so I was unable to return the original.
Recently got the car finished, off for a service and MOT, taxed and back on to the road after replacing the steering damper that didn't fail the MOT as they didn't know what it was luckily, then the acceleration issue that I have posted in the technical forum.
The car is very frustrating at the moment, but after ten years of ownership I can't help but to think it is self inflicted, I only drive it for a few hundred miles a year and is constantly garaged except for three months over last winter where it had to be outside, as I never take it out in the rain I didn't realise the drain was blocked which caused the passenger footwell to flood! boom went the amplifier, so I've spent the time its been off the road to fit a new head unit, amplifier and speakers all round, I may not be able to drive it to its potential but at least the sound system is good!