View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 04:33 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 392 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Water pump UK

Originally Posted by mrmuppet
.......I can actually get a RCM Chrysler Crossfire parts and accessories parts are difficult to come by for the SRT6, Ebay suppliers just supply parts for the normally aspirated versions and believe them to be the same, motor factors don't stock parts specific to the SRT6/AMG32, a lot of parts you need to source from the Mercedees dealers and to be honest, they are not interest in anything Chrysler, there is a certain stigma when you say Chrysler in the UK. I did put a new serpentine belt on when I changed the water pump and alternator, again I had to get this from the dealers who assured me Mercedees parts don't fit Chrysler's.....

This entire paragraph is about as wrong as you can get with the information you are/were given. Yes, there are a few differences in the MB and Chrysler versions BUT the large majority of parts for the SLK320 and AMG32 vs the N/A and SRT-6 are easily swappable. You can save gobbs of pounds researching and asking in the forum here, for many of the parts for your car. The RCM (for instance) I believe is entirely swappable from the SRT-6, the N/a, the SLK-320, and the AMG-32 (for certain years). It is said with much emphasis to stay away from the Chrysler 'stealerships' because they will sell you something you need (if it is available) at one helluva markup (IMHO, a rip-off). MB independent garages would be the best place for you to go as most MB dealerships DO NOT LIKE or WORK on Chryslers (even though they are @ 85 % MB sourced parts especially the drivetrain given the N/A vs the S/C 3.2L motors.). If you take the car to a mechanic, whatever they say (based on your letting them say it) will ding your wallet much more than you would have to pay if you do some simple research yourself and buy parts needed by sourcing from the knowledgeable members here in the forum. All the best!