View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 11:57 AM
Valk
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by Sussudio
Im about to install these this week. I know the basket has to have a part Dremeled out but what/where was the wood used for? I’ve heard some people lust leave the baskets out and just attach the sub without it. I plan on modifying the baskets was just curious about the wood “frame”. Also I have a question on what is the consensus on the door speakers as far as, is repairing them a long term solution “mine have been blown since ownership so I don’t know if they sound good in the first place” or to try and find a set of 2ohm speakers that don’t break the bank? I’ve looked for the Infinity speakers that have been posted before but most are sold out or they want twice what they were originally. Thanks in advance for any info
The thin wood ring was to be able to set the speaker flush in the basket
We were unable to dremel out the areas the speaker wouldn't clear in the basket because it was right where the screws needed to go to hold the speakers in the baskets
We used 1/2 inch plywood but I suggest only using 1/4 inch plywood if it works
The 1/2 inch plywood set the speaker up just high enough that when installing the speakers/baskets back into the bulkhead wall they were against the gas tank

Also note: The OEM speakers are not marked with + and - on the connections but the wider connectors are the + (Positive)
Red and Gray wires are + (Positive)

Green and Black wires are - (Negative)

The following users liked this post:
CaughtInaXF (10-30-2021)