View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 10:30 PM
nemiro
Received 470 Likes on 227 Posts
Default Re: M113K Into a Crossfire - Journal

Finished the fuel lines, and a few other nagging things with the engine this afternoon. Belly pan installed, and FedEx finally showed up with the 50mm lug bolts. Here's how things were looking:

The plan had been to paint the upper core support SSB to match the car, but my son noticed that the bordering of the edges lined up with the lines of the car and of the engine, and looked sharper in black, so he spent the time blasting the panel, and for now it is rattle canned black. If I decide to stick with it, I'll strip it and paint it properly later. Running out of time for now.

Up close look at the new center rear fuel feed for the rail.

Got to take the first ride with the new seats, and boy are they better than the stock seats!

If you look closely you'll see that the R171 memory buttons were removed, and the Crossfire controls were grafted in. They work!

The test drive revealed a new, but not surprising problem. With the very short hub flange up front, and the 5mm spacer, the wheel is having a hard time getting centered. This led to a lot of vibration at speed. I have had this happen before on another car, so brought it in, and loosened the wheel, retorquing in a very systematic way. It should help, but won't solve the problem.

Have any of you found a hub centric ring that will either grab that sliver of hub at the spacer, or perhaps a hub centric ring that can ride on the bearing cup cover?

Last edited by nemiro; 09-26-2023 at 09:21 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by nemiro:
MAYAman (05-13-2022), QuadPrism (02-15-2024), Scott M (09-28-2021), Sussudio (09-29-2021)