Old 10-10-2021, 11:24 AM
Redtoy2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How To: Replace the batteries in the alarm module

Originally Posted by LagDan
Have You taken any pictures of the Alarm board after the cleaning ? It would be interesting to evaluate the damage caused by the battery leakage . . .

Daniel
No Daniel I didn't. I only thought about it later. I couldn't wait to try it and got carried away I guess! I can tell you that I saw absolutely no damage at all caused by the leakage but the cleaning did remove the solder mask so I applied a bit of lacquer around the soldering points before installing the new batteries just to avoid any spillover. So far, I've had no problems at all with the siren going off for no reason and the system arms properly and seems to function as it was designed to. After doing this, I can tell you that the baking soda paste really does an awesome job at cleaning the circuit board and in my case anyway didn't have any negative effects. The only other thing I did was to install a 4-gauge ground cable from the bellhousing directly to the negative battery post as I'd seen it mentioned on this board a few times. If I ever open up the siren again, I'll make sure to take pictures. If you're thinking of doing it or if you have an old board, give it a try, you'll be surprised.