Old 03-22-2022, 07:56 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 889 Likes on 693 Posts
Default Re: 7th annual "Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks" - June 12 - 17, 2022

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Scheduled routes look like a lot of fun. I have a question about Wednesday the 15th. For those who want to go on route #2, are we going to break off to be able to go on the pontoon boat by 4pm? I see that the BBQ place is 1hr away roughly and there may be a better chance of catching the boat in time leaving directly from there.
The route back to the lodge from Peel Ferry takes us thru Berryville and some back roads. If you want to break away, you'd do it as soon as we exit off US65 near Branson - MO 86 is a direct run to the lake. We will stop at the gas station on the circle just outside Big Cedar - if you just stay on 86 when we depart, you'd arrive at the lake 35-60 minutes before we made it to the lodge, as our trip back to the lodge takes us thru Oak Grove, Urbanette, Berryville and the "Racetrack" route, then back to Eureka Springs - it is NOT a direct route at all, that is why its such a long day.

Originally Posted by Valk
The route leader will make all efforts to finish the run and be at the boat by 4pm
I agree with the rest of your post, but not that - I'm headed back as I described above! MO 86 is kind of a boring drive, the only reason to go that way is to head for the marina.
But I'm sure more than one of my participants will be headed for the lake as soon as we exit off 65, but any "pants on fire" fans will be going with me. (Actually, going ahead of me - cause I'm not going to hit racetrack road THAT hard! )

Last edited by pizzaguy; 03-22-2022 at 08:00 PM.