View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 07:21 PM
BrushRoadster!
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Where to find a transmission dip stick TUBE?!?!?

I am getting ready to do a total trans flush per the Youtube instructions of "Car D Ologist" - An absolutely fantastic demo of how to COMPLETELY flush your Crossfire Auto Transmission. I have ordered the filter kit, the correct fluid (14 liters), and all the accoutrements.

HOWEVER. Today, while doing my oil change. I started looking for the transmission dipstick TUBE. I KNOW they left the dipstick out, but my problem is that I can't even find the TUBE that it would be in, if it actually had one.
Did they omit the tube itself during Crossfire production?

I think I am looking in the correct spot.
R/H side of the engine, at the back, just in front of the firewall, just forward of the heat shield. Isn't this where it is supposed to be, capped off? I can look straight down at the transmission, and there is a 2" length of what I THINK could be a small length of tube installed in the transmission, but I am puzzled by what I am looking at. If this is indeed the tube, how would you put a dipstick in it to get a reading? And how would you cap if off again? You would have to be under the car, and the dipstick tube is only 2 inches long, if I am even looking at the right thing.
I expected to see a tube sticking up like a typical auto trans filler tube, but there is nothing there.
Does anyone have a pic of the dipstick tube?
Is there a kit I need to buy to install such a tube?
I know I need to buy a dipstick, but first I need to find out where I can actually put it in to check the trans fluid level.
As far as a dipstick goes, should I just buy one for a Mercedes 600.2 trans, and use it as described in other posts?