View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Eracer76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My stereo system is done...

Just thought I'd share my system for those who are into stereos.
Its been done for a while, but I just finally carpeted the box. LOL.

The sad part is, I install for a living, and doing it all day everyday gives me no motivation to do extensive work on my own car like I've done on customers cars and my own previous vehicles. I've done so much fiberglass work on show quality cars that I'm just burned out.

So I didn't feel like spending countless hours on this car, but I still have to have the good sound to jam to while driving. lol.

I started out by changing the head unit for a Pioneer DEH-P880PRS with duel (L/R) 16 band EQ's, Auto-Time Alignment, and Auto-EQ.
It also does full crossover control with a 3-way crossover mode for sub/mid/high which is how I have it set up.

So with my JL Audio 500/5 five channel amp, it powers my JL Audio 8W7 8" sub with 250w, the stock 6 1/2" door speakers get 100w each running as mid-bass, and the stock tweeters get 25w each as the highs.

I just mounted the amp in the trunk above the gas tank and built a simple sealed box for the sub, which I wanted to be able to remove for more storage when needed and to shed weight when I go to the drag strip.

I'm very happy with the way it sounds...the stock front stage speakers sound great with some clean crossed over sound put to them.
The head units time alignment makes the speakers sound like their on the dash, including the sub, its just like being at a concert!

Pics to follow...