Thread: Oil change
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 01:25 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts
Default Re: Oil change

Originally Posted by abergero
Doing my first oil change on Saturday - thanks for sharing that detailed instructions and torque settings. Great instructions and pictures,,!

The ONLY thing I see WRONG (IMHO) is you will not need 9 quarts of oil. Use 8 quarts (you'll NEVER get all the old oil out) and run it for a day or two. THEN check the oil on a LEVEL surface (side-to-side & front-to-back). Sometimes, even 8 quarts is too much (if you didn't get the old oil out 8 quarts worth). You do not want to overfill the oil. One reason, there have been quite a few cases where the oil level indicator in the crankcase 'jammed' due to a high oil level. IF at a day or two timeframe AND your quite sure you want the oil level at the topmost place on the dipstick, you can add a little at a time until it is where you want it. Another tip, I use the topsider, it is a tool to vacuum the oil out from the dipstick tube. This way you don't have to jack the car and you'll not have to replace a lost part or damage your crankcase oil plug. Good luck (really, it is EASY!