Thread: Air Bag Light
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 07:38 AM
dedwards0323
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts
Default Re: Air Bag Light

Originally Posted by ILOVEMYJOB
How long is a safety recall good for? As they set us a card 2 years ago and said it could cause death.
I believe there is no expiration date on the safety recall. When I had mine repaired, I contacted Chrysler per their letter and they arranged everything to get the airbag corrected.

Originally Posted by ILOVEMYJOB
What do they need to do to the car to make the airbag operate as intended? And can I do the work myself? Or take it to my trusted mechanic.
The Driver's Side airbag will need to be replaced. Chrysler or a Chrysler Dealer will need to order the replacement airbag for your car from their parts warehouse. Warehouse for me was located in Atlanta; next day delivery to the dealer. An appointment will need to be scheduled with a nearby dealer to have the airbag replaced. Chrysler helped me get this setup. They wanted to have me take the car to the closest dealer & I refused that dealer because they never sold the Crossfire; they only took over the Chrysler dealership when Chrysler was consolidating its operations in my area. I insisted on taking the car to a dealer across town that sold Crossfires and had Service Techs that were familiar with the car. Chrysler never had an issue with that. Took only about an hour to perform the work. Tell them you will wait on the car so they will start performing the work right away (get an early morning appointment). It's an easy job for the Dealer Service Dept to do and they get well paid by Chrysler.

And make sure you have checked for any codes that may have generated in the OBD2. The Service Greeter right away hooked up to my XFire to check for codes to see if he could generate more work on the car. I had checked the night before & knew there were no codes present. I told the Service Greeter to just get the airbag replaced & not worry about anything else that my XFire might have needed.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 10-13-2022 at 07:45 AM.