View Single Post
Old 12-25-2022, 12:47 PM
onehundred80
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default re: Post Something Random (No politics)

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Highs Wednesday here are forecast at over 70F. I want Wednesday off, so I worked today.

I'd been told our BLE Beacons send out a 1 millisecond pulse on each advertisement. That seemed awful long to send what little data we are sending. I was also told the advertisement went out three times on all three channels.

All wrong. As you can see from the capture, the pulse is on the order of 450-500 microseconds long. And there is clearly one pulse per channel for each advertisement (tho that is not all that clear from this capture, tho you see only one pulse on that channel within the sample time).

It's not about me being right, it's about us understanding our product and I and my manager are SICK of people who express their guess/opinion as fact. We are SUPPOSED to be engineers here.

Now, it IS fun to have access to equipment that can do anything I want to do, or to measure anything I want to measure. THIS is why I'm not in a hurry to retire, I get to play with stuff I'd never be able to if left to my own resources - this spectrum analyzer runs $5000 used, let's not even guess what they paid when it was new.

That’s random enough for me, I don’t know what the heck you are talking about.

The following 2 users liked this post by onehundred80:
DKAwildcat (12-26-2022), Sussudio (12-27-2022)