View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 06:34 AM
kowaltoboggan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Seeking help with top

Good luck with your top and wing fish, Pizzaguy!

I think I may have found the problem -- the rear bow latch microswitch seems to be off. I tested the tonneau switch with a multimeter and it seemed to indicate continuity and not when switched. Not so with the rear bow latch switch. That puppy is dead. Tried several times with the ohm meter and didn't get it to work at all. As I had replaced all of them when I replaced all of the cylinders I didn't expect any of those newer things to die. But I guess everything has its time.

I assume that when the top is DOWN the circuit should be open. But if mine doesn't open, the car probably thinks that the top is down. At least that is all I can figure out. In my mind, it could also explain why the system seems fine when the top is up. The windows go down when I loosen the D handle. And when the rear bow begins lifting the thing stops -- probably because the system is looking for the rear bow latch microswitch to switch when the bow unlatches.

So, I washed the car, detailed it and parked it. Will contact Top Hydraulics and see if they can help me.

This is just my hypothesis as of now. But with the divider switch bypassed, the top open switch confirmed good, the tonneau lock switch confirmed good, all of the Hall Effect sensors in place, and the rear bow lock microswitch confirmed bad, I believe I may have narrowed it down.