Old 03-17-2023, 01:02 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 893 Likes on 697 Posts
Default re: UK Roadster Thread - drilling into the trunk

Originally Posted by bmccubbin
It looks to me that with the camera scope you are looking above the area that you need to be for the locking mechanism. When inserting the camera, you want to look horizontally to the left or right of the light unit opening, depending on which opening you are looking from.
I know you are frustrated and getting angry, you are not the first, I was LOST back in 2009 when this happened to me - but try to NOT miss what he says here.

IN MY CASE: I snagged the emergency release cable with a steel coat hanger, made strait and then one end, I formed into a "J" hook, a SMALL J hook. I took out the LEFT light, put the coat hanger in about 8-9 inches with hook parralell to the lid I then rotated the hook 90 degrees and pulled it out, on about the third try, I snagged the emergency release cable and pulled - the lid popped open!

The cable runs from the latch to the LEFT where the handle is snapped into place. That handle cant move, so when you pull, the latch as to let go. Only fails IF the plastic arm on the emergency actuator breaks or has broken in the past, which happens, hence why we disable the electric lock before this happens! See my next post.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 03-17-2023 at 01:23 PM.