Old 03-20-2023, 04:38 PM
bmccubbin
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default re: UK Roadster Thread - drilling into the trunk

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I think the thing that went wrong here was that the emergency release did not work for you, I see you DID find it and pull on it.

This brings up something from 2009, I managed to open mine with the emergency cable, but the cam did break when I did so. The cam is plastic (stupid) and I wonder if yours is broken as well.
In any event, ya GOTTA disable that electric lock (which is easy, once you get the lid open and can take the trim panel out and access it.

I just can't believe they went this far, but on the OTHER hand, I do know that cars were been stolen at alarming rates in parts of the EU back then.

And I did not apologize YET, I am still in denial.
If the Electric Lock Arm is engaged and you try to pull on the emergency release cable it's not going to be able to flip the pneumatic lock lever because of the Electric Lock Arm. This is when the emergency release mechanism will break off, if you pull hard on the cable.
I just rebuilt the emergency release mechanism on a Roadster this morning. It works great and is probably stronger than the original.