View Single Post
Old 08-15-2023, 08:25 PM
ZH SRT6
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: TPMS PROGRAMMING 08 Crossfire Ltd Cpe

Hi @Ms Kitty NJ and @pizzaguy !

There are lots of TPMS sensors which are "compatible" with the Crossfire system, which was shared with a bunch of other Chrysler systems back in the day (and even until about 2008 for the Viper).

So I can believe that whatever sensors you got are "compatible" except that doesn't by itself make the light go out. As I tried to explain in the little write-up which pizzaguy cited the sensor characteristics are just a piece of the puzzle. The big issue almost certainly going on for you is that the TPMS in the Crossfire, mainly contained in the garage door opener module above the rearview mirror, is looking for a particular set of four wheel sensor IDs, transmitted as part of the radio signals from each sensor with the pressure readings.

What almost certainly happened is that the tech who programmed the new sensors failed to "Clone" the old sensor IDs into the new sensors. So the car system cannot recognize the pressure signals.

Was your TPMS working before you got the new tires and sensors? Do you (or the shop) still have the old sensors?

If the old sensor IDs cannot be cloned into the new sensors then the car has to be put into TPMS Relearn mode to learn the IDs of the new sensors. And very few (as, no) tire shops have the right computer to put a Crossfire into TPMS Relearn mode. Only Chrysler dealerships (or Crossfire nuts like me) have the tool to make that happen.

Verstehst du? <<--- Moderator note: What a smartass.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 08-15-2023 at 09:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZH SRT6:
M60A3Driver (08-16-2023), pizzaguy (08-15-2023)