View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 09:34 AM
mikemadeit94
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: TPS & BAS ESP Issues

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
If the guy can't tell that this car is no Chrysler, perhaps you should not be going to him at all. I lived in the small-ish town of Cumming, GA and went looking for someone to bleed brakes on the Crossfire and change the pads. I noticed that "Glovers Garage" was staffed by some middle-aged brothers and their sons, and an SLK320 was often in the parking lot. I stopped in and told the guy what I wanted done. His response, "Sure, we can do that. Now, ya know, this car is a Mercedes..." I knew right away I'd found the right shop. Find one like that.

The '320 was this particular guys' wife's daily driver, he'd already learned about the RCM issue and the "sticky key" problem........... Glovers is not a "German Auto SHop" but may as well have been.
I attempted to get the car rescanned, unfortunately they couldn’t get it to scan as an SLK manually. Apparently their snap on tool will automatically pull the vin and scan. Not to mention it’s an ultra high end unit I’m sure it knows what to actually scan for if they paid 18k for the setup. What they did do was clear the mountain of codes in the general health report so the ones that are coming back currently are Forsure having issues. Pizza I’m from a super small town, I’m probably the only one with this car here no one really knows **** about it hence why I’m lurking these forums and doing my own work 90% of the time. We only have 4 or 5 independent shops in town all of which I’ve dealt with that were average at best.

The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (11-10-2023)