View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 10:54 AM
Rbegora
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Please help with my top problem

Thanks for the response.
I have checked the divider switch by confirming that the switch activates the warning beeps when disengaged. I have no clue what that means. How did you perform this test?
When I release the divider the warning beeps start and when I replace the divider, the warning beep stops. To me, this indicates the switch is working.

Are all warning lights on the dash turning off as soon as the engine starts (The BAS/ESP and Battery light especially)?
Does the wing deploy at 60 and retract about 35?

Can you tell me that there are NO other warning beeps when driving the car?
Everything is working as it should. I have also manually raised and lowered the top 3 times with the hex key in sequence a few times with no luck.

I have researched the forum to find any similar problems but I am unable to find anything. Search again, you have the classic "my top wont move" issue. MOST of us with a Roadster have had this happen
I have read and digested most of the posts regarding top problems and find them extremely inciteful, especially from Pizza Guy.

I will tear apart the insulation and check the leads for water damage on the CLP/SSM this weekend.
What I find interesting is the fact that the hydraulic pump is activated before the electric lock is supposed to engage. In my case, the pump is working but the lock is not engaged. Based on the sequence you described, the pump should never have started.
Be that as it may, I will let you know what I find this weekend.

The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (12-08-2023)