View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 09:43 AM
Oldschool
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: 2005 roadster top hydraulics

Originally Posted by andy2m
I got my 2005 xfire with 50k miles a couple years ago and the top did not work. The prior owner said the seals were leaking and he did not want to fix them. He was right, the top does not work but there is no leaking, presumably because there is not enough fluid left to leak. In any case, I did not have time to deal fix it but I did research the issue here in the forum and watched the Top Hydraulics videos. I still need to convince myself the prior owner was correct about the issue being leaky seals but it seems likely he was right and I will have to replace all the cylinders. Can you tell me how much time you spent doing yours? That might help me decide when to take it on. Thanks!
I took my good old time and it took maybe 4 hours to remove the seven cylinders. Mark the sensors as you remove them (say "top" and "bottom" ) with blue tape or the like. All and all it is not a hard task and when it works it will make you smile. I ended up sending the pump in and should have it back by this Friday.

The following users liked this post:
andy2m (04-16-2024)