All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 08-18-2019, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Just took Delivery on Friday , first Crossfire for us , first Chrysler product EVER and we love it, So I waxed her today just because I could lol

Old 08-18-2019, 08:52 PM
Received 146 Likes on 112 Posts

Congrats
attach an image of your new ride on the next message

Old 08-20-2019, 01:28 PM
Received 536 Likes on 426 Posts

Took some time this morning to clean the front end of the bug residue from the return trip home from Woodward Dream Cruise event. Coupe performed flawlessly over the entire weekend. I tend to forget how smooth the Crossfire is at cruising speeds of 80-85 mph on the interstate. Always a joy to drive this car!!

Old 08-22-2019, 09:02 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Changed out the IC pump and replaced a hose that was doomed for failure before it failed on the rescue SSB SRT. This of course required me to uncover and start the garage queen SSB roadster and move it out of the garage to make room for the floor jack. It needed to run a while anyway.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:02 PM

Took time today (no T-storms forecasted) to do a thorough hand wash & dry of the 2007 Coupe. That task was left over from my TO-DO list after returning from WDC (Woodward Dream Cruise) event in Michigan last weekend.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had the trim piece looking good, but there was one pesky crack that I could have tried to hide, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, so I broke it and reset it.

Couple layers of glass mesh on top which will be followed by a couple more on the back.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Enjoying a beer and watching Xfinity qualifying while the Bondo cures. Then I get to sand 90% of it off.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doing mpg test ? Trying out putting tranny in W mode so car starts out in 2 nd gear instead of 1st . Never tried this before car seems to run smoother this way ! Now let’s see if the Crossfire starting out in 2nd gear will save some gas money ?

Old 08-25-2019, 10:32 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I tried it once for several months, didn't seem to make much difference in MPG.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, My wife and I had the Crossfire out this morning just running errands and driving some backroads. Stopped at a gas station and a father and son walked over and the father said "that is the prettiest car I have ever seen". He and his son asked many questions about the Crossfire. He was not aware of the Crossfire at all. The son, around 14 or so, asked his dad if he could have one when he turns 16. It was nice that the Crossfire was noticed and appreciated.

Old 08-26-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tbirdtony
Hi everyone, My wife and I had the Crossfire out this morning just running errands and driving some backroads. Stopped at a gas station and a father and son walked over and the father said "that is the prettiest car I have ever seen". He and his son asked many questions about the Crossfire. He was not aware of the Crossfire at all. The son, around 14 or so, asked his dad if he could have one when he turns 16. It was nice that the Crossfire was noticed and appreciated.
Happens to alot of us whenever we're out driving around. I attend a Coffee & Cars event, when possible, on the 4th Saturday every month, I always get passersby that stop & want to learn more about the car.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 08-26-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 133 Likes on 105 Posts

I did something for the car today. I called my doctor and had him prescribe a Medrol dose-pack because for over a week now I've had inflammation in my lower-spine that's kept me from doing any car maintenance. Welcome young whipper-snappers, to the realities of aging! Yikes!!!

Old 08-29-2019, 08:01 AM
Forum Regular
Received 198 Likes on 140 Posts

Good morning WD40,

......a word of caution about Medrol that you are requesting from your doc. Your Inflammation indicates possible immune system disorder which has its root in Rheumatoid Arthritis, which is a disease that cannot be cured. In a lot of cases RA might be controlled with right meds, and diets, and exercise. If you are not currently seeing a Rheumatologist with this discomfort, I would suggest you seek a referral from your primary care doc. Thru a blood test looking for RA markers you can find out if this is your real problem.

i see that Medrol has a form of prednisone in it. This is not a quick fix......but a long term solution with some drawbacks.....also not a med you use for a few times.

My best
joe

Old 08-29-2019, 11:04 AM
Received 146 Likes on 112 Posts

Its a sad day for me when I learned more today from "What did you do to your Crossfire today" about health and medication from Joe and WD-40 than I do about cars

The sad part is that I read Joe's response with KEEN interest, I'm experiencing same thing (at 55). Agreed aging sucks.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:42 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
Its a sad day for me when I learned more today from "What did you do to your Crossfire today" about health and medication from Joe and WD-40 than I do about cars

The sad part is that I read Joe's response with KEEN interest, I'm experiencing same thing (at 55). Agreed aging sucks.
Really 55 is not old, but it’s still all downhill from there though.😉

Old 08-29-2019, 12:50 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Really 55 is not old, but it’s still all downhill from there though.😉
.............It’s a bobsled ride to hell

Old 08-29-2019, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just have fun along the way!

Old 08-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JoeO
Good morning WD40,

......a word of caution about Medrol that you are requesting from your doc. Your Inflammation indicates possible immune system disorder which has its root in Rheumatoid Arthritis, which is a disease that cannot be cured. In a lot of cases RA might be controlled with right meds, and diets, and exercise. If you are not currently seeing a Rheumatologist with this discomfort, I would suggest you seek a referral from your primary care doc. Thru a blood test looking for RA markers you can find out if this is your real problem.

i see that Medrol has a form of prednisone in it. This is not a quick fix......but a long term solution with some drawbacks.....also not a med you use for a few times.

My best
joe
Joe, I might be getting RA in my lower-spine. Wouldn't doubt it as I've had 5 lumbar surgeries. Docs say my lower-spine looks like a war-zone. The only thing that's effective when i get a flare-up are steroids like Prednisone, because the nerves are irritated and swollen/rubbing themselves against other structures and causing my pain. The only way to truly make the pain go away is to take away the swelling, which is what steroids do. The docs who want to prescribe me pain medicine are barking up the wrong tree. As I tell them they'd have to go all the way up to Dilaudid or not even bother, and still that doesn't solve the underlying problem. Steroids alone take away the pain in less than a day.

Don't worry too much about me. I have a Master of Medicine degree.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:31 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear of your unabated misery. That changes the whole equation regarding the drawbacks and side effects of Prednisone as opposed to it’s redeeming feature.

i still believe you should investigate further the possibility of RA, which in itself, is multifaceted and could be at work in other areas of your body. My Rheumatologist currently has me on Mycopentolate and Prednisone (which is being reduced). I haven’t had flares in 6 months...color me lucky. For now.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:20 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JoeO
Sorry to hear of your unabated misery. That changes the whole equation regarding the drawbacks and side effects of Prednisone as opposed to it’s redeeming feature.

i still believe you should investigate further the possibility of RA, which in itself, is multifaceted and could be at work in other areas of your body. My Rheumatologist currently has me on Mycopentolate and Prednisone (which is being reduced). I haven’t had flares in 6 months...color me lucky. For now.
Hi Joe. I'm often conflicted about what to do when laymen give me medical advice. It only happens when it's not obvious who I am. I know you mean well. But If your general practitioner said his back hurt would you have gone this route, or just assumed he had a handle on his problem? When a person doesn't have a lot of knowledge in a particular area it's only natural for them to draw upon the little knowledge they do have to try and solve what seems like a similar problem, and that is why you are painting me with the brush you yourself have been colored with. I appreciate the concern and your genuineness in wanting to help me, but having a six-year degree in medicine and having this problem for 17-years now I understand exactly what ails me, and it's not RA. No, my problem is degradation of my discs and adhesions. The latter is where scar tissue (lots of it) has formed because of all my lumbar surgeries. The addition of all this fibrous tissue where no solid structures should be further crowds out my body's normal innervation as well as attaching to those nerve fibers preventing their normal ability to slide smoothly about. That irritates the nerves causing them to swell which can quickly become rather severe unless I can reduce the swelling, hence my PERIODIC reliance on steroids. My problem does not involve RA though, at least not at this point.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?