All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Possible seal leak?

Old 07-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Possible seal leak?

Fluid build-up between the engine and transmission. Noticed it while I was changing my oil today. Not really a leak but more of a seeping. Would Barrs leak-stopper work? That is what my step dad recommended. Or is this a common problem? Thanks in advance.
Your newbie buddy,
chturner

Old 07-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: Possible seal leak?

Originally Posted by chturner
Fluid build-up between the engine and transmission. Noticed it while I was changing my oil today. Not really a leak but more of a seeping. Would Barrs leak-stopper work? That is what my step dad recommended. Or is this a common problem? Thanks in advance.
Your newbie buddy,
chturner
The answer is NO.
I think you have had too much help from his guy already, he may be well intentioned but his ignition problem was not handled to well by him and pouring some junk into your oil is definitely a bad idea.
Find the leak and fix it or forget about it.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by chturner
Your newbie buddy,
chturner
Dont ever put any of those stop leaks in your engine or radiator. They will stop the leak alright, after it stops your motor from running.

I also have a minor leak between the tranny and engine in the rear and have no idea as to what it is. Only thing back there is a rear main seal if it is that then it's gonna keep leaking as im not dropping the tranny anytime soon.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:56 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

All dynamic seals leak, if they did not leak they would fail immediately, it's the amount of leakage that counts.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The answer is NO.
I think you have had too much help from his guy already, he may be well intentioned but his ignition problem was not handled to well by him and pouring some junk into your oil is definitely a bad idea.
Find the leak and fix it or forget about it.
No, my dad did the ignition job stepdad just looks on as I'm scratching my head at this car I always ask here first when I have a problem and it usually benefits me. It's not enough of a "leak" to be dripping so I think it is okay. Just noticed that I have a build up of fluid between the two parts.