All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Need advice on possible pitfallswith low mileage Crossfires

Old 10-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need advice on possible pitfallswith low mileage Crossfires

I'm in the market for a low mileage Crossfire and there appear to be a good number of them out there--I was just looking at a 2007 Roadster with 5500 miles on it. What are the pitfalls associated with such a low-mileage car? From a reliability and cost of ownership point of view, show I be looking at higher mileage vehicles?

Old 10-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Need advice on possible pitfallswith low mileage Crossfires

There are things that need attention due to time (coolant, brake fluid, hoses, battery) and things that wear with mileage.

I always look for low mileage cars and you can find Crossfires with less than 40k miles.

It also makes a difference how the car has been stored (garage) and driven.

I have owned three 04 Crossfires, buying each one with low 30k miles and the only mechanical issue I have had was a water pump that went bad at 35k (that could be due to age, since the bearings are under constant tension).

Some wear items are easy and inexpensive to replace (brake pads, tires) and some are prohibitive (engine, transmission).

These are reliable cars when treated properly.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jocko124
I'm in the market for a low mileage Crossfire and there appear to be a good number of them out there--I was just looking at a 2007 Roadster with 5500 miles on it. What are the pitfalls associated with such a low-mileage car? From a reliability and cost of ownership point of view, show I be looking at higher mileage vehicles?

If the price is right go for it. If the battery is original replace that. The main mechanicals are rock solid. If you see on the forum where it looks like our cars have lots of issues, they don't. Our problems are usually sensors and small electrical issues. Other than that look here.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...s-repairs.html

Old 10-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

The biggest pitfall is that someone else might snap it up while you are looking for reasons not to buy it.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a conversation with the seller and find out where that car has been for 8 years and how its been cared for. If it has been pampered then I agree with Onehundred80.