All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Wiper gromets, no sale

Old 03-11-2016, 01:37 PM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Wiper gromets, no sale

Decided to install the missing wiper grommets on both cars, googled the part number and got a good hit at Jack Ingram Mercedes Benz in Alabama. Ordered online, got a confirmation and checked status today, it showed cancelled with no explanation. I called today to find out why, guy said because it was a Crossfire, I said what difference does it make, I know the part number I want , the description matches, what's the problem? He put me on hold to speak to his manager, he came back and said she told him they don't sell parts to Crossfire owners. What a crock of BS.

Jeff K

Old 03-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Wiper gromets, no sale

Originally Posted by JSK
Decided to install the missing wiper grommets on both cars, googled the part number and got a good hit at Jack Ingram Mercedes Benz in Alabama. Ordered online, got a confirmation and checked status today, it showed cancelled with no explanation. I called today to find out why, guy said because it was a Crossfire, I said what difference does it make, I know the part number I want , the description matches, what's the problem? He put me on hold to speak to his manager, he came back and said she told him they don't sell parts to Crossfire owners. What a crock of BS.

Jeff K
Then call them back and tell them that you saw the error of your ways and traded the despicable Crossfire in and got a respectable 2004 SLK32 AMG .....

Old 03-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are the part numbers?

Old 03-11-2016, 02:11 PM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Mercedes #1708240098

Old 03-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 03-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank You Sir.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:53 PM

Minimum purchase $10 there, so you would need to order 5 of them.
( Share with your Crossfire buddies )

Old 03-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

i can get you one for 2.63 + shipping, even for your crossfire

Old 03-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

I got mine from a Chrysler dealer, for a few bucks I was not about to risk being ejected bodily from a MB dealership and told never to darken their doorstep again. When I was younger yes but now they just see an old man.

I get the last laugh though, half of them will not make it to my age.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm dumbfounded! Who turns away business? Maybe your M-B dealer thinks it's sacralization, to use there parts on a Chrysler.

Dang auto-correct; Its sacrilegious to use their parts.

Last edited by Steve Jr; 03-12-2016 at 03:45 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Jr
I'm dumbfounded! Who turns away business? Maybe your M-B dealer thinks it's sacralization, to use there parts on a Chrysler.
You used a dirty word - socialization, I thought you Yanks never used that word, next thing you'll say is free medicine for all, and nobody there wants that.

Better dead than social medicine.
Edit
Sorry I see the word used is sacralization, no such word but I misread it. Sacrilegious is the word you want.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-12-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You used a dirty word - socialization, I thought you Yanks never used that word, next thing you'll say is free medicine for all, and nobody there wants that.

Shhhhh...why give them medicine, just make them buy insurance.....or levy a income tax, "yea yea, that's the ticket!"

Old 03-12-2016, 08:19 AM

From what I've heard.. there's a good chance of that by the time your doctors appointment wait is over.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:26 AM

Actually, I do know this dealer ( stealer ), Jack Ingram Motors.
Wish I didn't.
Lot's of bad karma there.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
From what I've heard.. there's a good chance of that by the time your doctors appointment wait is over.
I am afraid that down south you are fed a lot of lies by big pharma and the AMA just to keep them in the big dollars.
Have you read of any Canadian selling their car just to pay for their medical treatment? I read that on here all the time from you guys and gals. A friend of ours just died after ten yeas of illness and at one time the drugs she was taking were $10,000 a month. Another friend if my wife has been taken $15,000 a month worth of pills for years. No charge to either at any time.
I have a friend in the US that says that she is glad of the Obama care or she would go without much treatment. Our system is all inclusive just like your elected politicians get who say such a system is not good for you, just them.
Rant over.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-12-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:27 PM

Riddle me this then.. you call the doctor.. my ankle hurts.. how long from then till you go see the doctor?

Old 03-12-2016, 03:54 PM

Does he have to walk?

Old 03-12-2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Riddle me this then.. you call the doctor.. my ankle hurts.. how long from then till you go see the doctor?
We have after hours walk in clinics as well, no appointment necessary or I can see my doc that day if it is important,
Or if it is really urgent I could go to the emergency.
Urgent still means urgent up here.
You support a huge industry with your ideology, I can think of a few members who sold their car to support there health, one died a month ago, Snow White was sold for that reason, read Johns post. You may be OK for now but when the chips are down they possibly will not be able to say you brought the farm when you died because by then you would not be able to and in your case the farm might already be sold.
You have to see the light down there sometime, you are probably the only 1st world country that does not have health care for its population. Think about that for a moment. The way your vets are treated is abysmal, sadly ours are not treated too much better, but they do have healthcare to fall back on.
Americans who come to live here are amazed.
If you want private treatment you can get that too, just anti up the extra $$$. Go to a private hospital and maybe see the same doc.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:31 PM

We have after hours walk in clinics as well, no appointment necessary or I can see my doc that day if it is important,
Or if it is really urgent I could go to the emergency.
Urgent still means urgent up here.
You support a huge industry with your ideology, I can think of a few members who sold their car to support there health, one died a month ago, Snow White was sold for that reason, read Johns post. You may be OK for now but when the chips are down they possibly will not be able to say you brought the farm when you died because by then you would not be able to and in your case the farm might already be sold.
You have to see the light down there sometime, you are probably the only 1st world country that does not have health care for its population. Think about that for a moment. The way your vets are treated is abysmal, sadly ours are not treated too much better, but they do have healthcare to fall back on.
Americans who come to live here are amazed.
If you want private treatment you can get that too, just anti up the extra $$$. Go to a private hospital and maybe see the same doc.
By all means I know our healthcare - medical is a sad state of affairs. An appendectomy for my wife was right at 10 grand. Researching this I saw cost for the same procedure as high as 25k ! No insurance.. here's your cost.. insurance.. the same care just went up another 50%. I was really just wanting "enlightened" on how things went up your way.. and you have done just that. Last I heard .. and it's been a while.. an appointment with your doctor was a "your on the list" kind of thing.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:40 PM

Did JSK ever get that grommet?

Quick Reply: Wiper gromets, no sale