All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

List of knowledgeable Crossfire repair shops

Old 06-24-2016, 09:03 AM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: List of knowledgeable Crossfire repair shops

Originally Posted by Shamrock
In the Wilmington, NC area ---- AutoTech (Chris) on Carolina Beach Road. Honest, reasonable and knowledgeable. Highly recommended
update here https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...air-shops.html

Last edited by amx1397; 03-14-2024 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are having SKREEM problems I suggest using "SOS diagnostics" near Portland Oregon. Look them up online. I diagnosed a no start problem with the help of this forum to be the SKREEM. I had the SKREEM & ECM removed and sent them along with our only key to have repaired by SOS and have 2 more keys cut and programmed to the system. We saved over $2500 for what the dealer wanted to do and got 2 new keys in the process.

S.O.S. Diagnostics

Old 09-09-2016, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by livefreeordie
I have been a crossfire owner since 2010 and I have relied on this site as first source of info when ever my car has issues. All the contributors here are very knowledgeable and helpful. One thing I cannot find and I think would be helpful to everyone on the forum is to develop a comprehensive list of all the known Crossfire mechanics and shops in the us and around the world so that when a crossfire owner is in need they can reference the list and know their car is in good hands.

On a separate note does anyone know a good shop in the Sacramento/Lodi CA area? My car left me stranded had it towed to Lodi Chrysler Dodge and was told they don't have the scanner to look at my car.
Update

car was repaired by a Chrysler dealer in Manteca CA. Skreem module gave up on me.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by livefreeordie
Update

car was repaired by a Chrysler dealer in Manteca CA. Skreem module gave up on me.
more info please ,,,dealer name and phone # would work.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've driven around between Baltimore to five Mercedes dealers, each one told me to go to Chrysler dealers. I went to about five Chrysler dealers, each said go to Mercedes. When I said that Mercedes won't look at my transmission because the Chrysler controller, they said 'go see *insert Chrysler dealer*, they have a Crossfire certified mechanic.' Nobody actually had one, though. I'll try Euro auto care and see how that goes. I've been to two other Euro car mechanics in the area that said they will work on it, but didn't know anything about it besides the color and name.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by TheThomaswastaken
I've driven around between Baltimore to five Mercedes dealers, each one told me to go to Chrysler dealers. I went to about five Chrysler dealers, each said go to Mercedes. When I said that Mercedes won't look at my transmission because the Chrysler controller, they said 'go see *insert Chrysler dealer*, they have a Crossfire certified mechanic.' Nobody actually had one, though. I'll try Euro auto care and see how that goes. I've been to two other Euro car mechanics in the area that said they will work on it, but didn't know anything about it besides the color and name.
when anyone takes a crossfire to any mechanic and they say they don't know anything about a crossfire, tell them it is the same as a mercedes slk 320/ or slk 32 .

Old 07-10-2017, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
when anyone takes a crossfire to any mechanic and they say they don't know anything about a crossfire, tell them it is the same as a mercedes slk 320/ or slk 32 .
Apparently, Mercedes isn't comfortable working on the car because they can't communicate with it except to use OBDII. The only work I really want a professional to look at is the transmission and all dealerships are unqualified to do so.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

these folks did great work for me. They are in Dulles Va.

http://www.rrtptm.com/

RRT & RRT Racing - BMW Repair, Service, Performance & Racing

They installed the paddle shifter kit - flawless work done while I waited.

Apparently, Mercedes isn't comfortable working on the car because they can't communicate with it except to use OBDII. The only work I really want a professional to look at is the transmission and all dealerships are unqualified to do so.

Last edited by Da55id; 07-11-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:04 PM

Last edited by amx1397; 03-14-2024 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:42 PM
Forum Regular

I am looking for some one in the contra costa county area of California
Thanks

Old 08-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Considering the number of auto dealers, and independent auto repair shops around this list is pretty short. It basically is a list of individuals, not the shops themselves. This forum and the Mercedes forums probably contain all the info you would need. Get to it yourself when you have a problem.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:12 PM

In Miami Florida is a great mechanic for the crossfire, Matt @ 786 877 5959
Matt has a mercedes that he races at the drag strip, he turns in the 10's. jim

Last edited by amx1397; 03-14-2024 at 08:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Connie Loudermilk (12-04-2021)
Old 08-14-2017, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
[FOR SHOP REPAIR LIST GO TO CROSSFIRE SRT 6 ,, then List of knowledgeable Crossfire repair shops

first of all don't go to a dealer ,,Chrysler or Mercedes, find a shop that works on European cars, then copy the repair instructions from this site , have them repair your car. maybe there is a shop below close to you

Davidsonville, Maryland. Euro Auto Care

Euro auto care Davidson Maryland
Based on this recommendation, I've taken mine to Eurosport autocare. I can't find enough time to keep up with the repairs I want to do. If they do a good job, I'll leave feedback here. Their name is Eurosport Auto Care though. Google has them at 4.6 rating or something close. And they are busyyyyy.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Forum Regular
Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Houston, Texas area/ Clear Lake - AutoBahn Imports [281-286-8883]
European and specialty cars, Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, etc
They have been my 'Go To' shop for 25yrs !

Old 08-19-2017, 06:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Orlando area, Barrett Automotive Speed Shop. 2910 Forsyth Rd. (407) 657-6292 and I work there.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:16 PM

Well, unfortunately, I cannot recommend Eurosport autocare in Davidsonville, MD. I brought my car in for an oil change and I had a laundry list of things for them to look at. They either charged so much I didn't accept the work, or "couldn't verify the customer complaint." Except the brakes, which have always been unresponsive on the top 20% of pedal movement. They have returned the car to me three times saying that it is better now, than before. All three times I got in the car and the pedal went to the floor, I have to depress the brake 90% to begin slowing. Each time the response has been "couldn't verify the customer complaint." I have a video of the brakes, and their Lead Tech has seen the issue twice, and saw the ABS light. Their solution is replace master cylinder for 750 dollars (without the cost of bleeding brakes). It is a 120 dollar part. I haven't been able to get them to tell me what the code was, yet.

Old 08-21-2017, 04:58 PM

Well, unfortunately, I cannot recommend Eurosport autocare in Davidsonville, MD. I brought my car in for an oil change and I had a laundry list of things for them to look at. They either charged so much I didn't accept the work, or "couldn't verify the customer complaint." Except the brakes, which have always been unresponsive on the top 20% of pedal movement. They have returned the car to me three times saying that it is better now, than before. All three times I got in the car and the pedal went to the floor, I have to depress the brake 90% to begin slowing. Each time the response has been "couldn't verify the customer complaint." I have a video of the brakes, and their Lead Tech has seen the issue twice, and saw the ABS light. Their solution is replace master cylinder for 750 dollars (without the cost of bleeding brakes). It is a 120 dollar part. I haven't been able to get them to tell me what the code was, yet.
why not text your needed repairs to Matt, @ 786 877 5959 and get a quote , for him to go to you and repair your car,,it has to be less than what eurosport would charge.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:39 PM

Any suggestions for NYC/NJ? Helppp!

Old 08-25-2017, 02:37 PM

Last edited by amx1397; 03-14-2024 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:44 PM

Covert Chrysler in Austin has a mechanic who's certified on both the Crossfire and the Viper. (Went through the whole training course - they also have the whole set of special (Mercedes, mostly) Crossfire tools.)

I've had them do some work on my first SRT-6, but the wait times for their shop, especially for Crossfire/Viper, are quite long (often a couple of weeks...)

Granted, most Chrysler/Dodge dealers aren't really very capable of working on our cars, but some are. FWIW, MB of Austin refuses to do any work at all on a Crossfire - they literally won't touch one - go figure...

Quick Reply: List of knowledgeable Crossfire repair shops