All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Heated seat issue

Old 01-19-2017, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated seat issue

I have changed the elements for the drivers seat and back. I have tested them and they are
working just fine. My problem is I am not getting heat through the switch. I just ordered a new module and it too is not working. I checked all connections and they all seem to be good. For whatever reason I am not getting power through the switch. If I bypass the switch the elements work fine so I do know it is not in the seat harness.

The switches do not work( only blink) if the main plug into the hazards is not connected. Does anyone have any ideas because at this juncture I am at a loss?

Old 01-19-2017, 07:07 PM
Default Re: Heated seat issue

The passenger seat works fine , that was never the issue.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by pjs626
I have changed the elements for the drivers seat and back. I have tested them and they are
working just fine. My problem is I am not getting heat through the switch. I just ordered a new module and it too is not working. I checked all connections and they all seem to be good. For whatever reason I am not getting power through the switch. If I bypass the switch the elements work fine so I do know it is not in the seat harness.

The switches do not work( only blink) if the main plug into the hazards is not connected. Does anyone have any ideas because at this juncture I am at a loss?
Can you buzz through the switch?
If I am reading you right the switch is at fault, can you try the passenger side switch on the driver side.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:02 PM

I looked to take the module apart but does not look too easy . It's all plastic and afraid it will somehow crack. But the new switch driver side also being at fault? That is a slim chance I believe.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:03 PM

What do you mean by "buzz by the switch"?

Old 01-19-2017, 09:10 PM

What do you mean by "buzz by the switch"?
I see you have multiple threads on this issue and I cannot put them together to make any sense too easily. That is the trouble with this type of question, also why not add a comment to the previous post if there is no reply in between?
People just give up trying to understand the problem.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:22 PM

Sorry, I am unsure of how to comment

Old 01-19-2017, 10:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you checked both fuses for the circuit? Fuses 1 an 24 underhood. 24 is constant hot, 1 is only hot in acc. or start/run. Have you checked battery voltage? If its below 11volts, that would cause the LEDs to flash an not allow the circuit to be usable, till the battery is charged properly. While you have the cluster out ,use contact cleaner on the switches as a measure to ensure contacts are clean. Both modules not working on the same switch (drivers) is slim, it would seem. Stranger thing have happened. Last but not least, continuity thru the ground for both sides. That's all, I got!

Last edited by Steve Jr; 01-19-2017 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:42 PM

Yes I have checked the ground and full continuity. The battery is fully charged and the voltage at or above 12. Fuses are good and tested. I will do the contact cleaner in the morning and if not then more bypassing to figure the fault.
thanks

Old 01-19-2017, 10:48 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Pretty simple circuit :

Old 01-20-2017, 08:35 AM

I put this together from your previous posts.
My seat heater lights are both working. My passenger seat heats bottom and back. My driver seat does not heat at all. If it is this combo would it be the control module or just the heaters themselves. Does anyone know of a sequence and a part number if it is the module from what I read is located near the hazard switch.

My seat heater lights are both working. My passenger seat heats bottom and back. My driver seat does not heat at all. If it is this combo would it be the control module or just the heaters themselves. Does anyone know of a sequence and a part number if it is the module from what I read is located near the hazard switch.

So I pulled my seat and found the seat heater module is working, I have power when it is switched on. The heaters have NO continuity so now I want to replace seat and back. I have searched and found a few options. Seat heater elements from Rock Auto for $58 and heat my seats have different options which are unbeknownst to me.
Does anyone have experience and satisfaction with any of these or other viable options?
Another question is another post mentioned putting the new element under the cushion as opposed to between seat cover and cushion? This they mentioned a little less heat but not having to delve into separating the leather.
The old cushion contains the elements and basically you cut the leads and reuse the existing cushion?
thanks

Yes I have checked the ground and full continuity. The battery is fully charged and the voltage at or above 12. Fuses are good and tested. I will do the contact cleaner in the morning and if not then more bypassing to figure the fault.
thanks
Read the service manual.

Read what it says about a low voltage causing the lights in the switches flash and turning off the power to the seat heaters.
You say your lights blink. That is low power not no power. You have a new module and it does not work either, a bit of a coincidence I would say.
I would look at your battery or battery connections as causes of the lack of sufficient power.

However I am only assuming some things, do you have a picture of the connections to the back of the switch module, how many power ins are there?

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-20-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:31 AM

I am having problems with my driver seat too! My passenger side works great, but the driver seat does not. Both lights are on.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:36 AM

I had to change both seat cushion and seat back elements. I used aftermarket heating pads. They were about 60 on Rock Auto. First I had to unbolt the seat to get under it and check the electrical connection for power and then continuity through the elements.
Also I changed the seat heater module, it kept shorting out. A great tutorial on YouTube about taking the seat apart. Not that hard, just takes time and patience.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:38 AM

I had to change both seat cushion and seat back elements. I used aftermarket heating pads. They were about 60 on Rock Auto. First I had to unbolt the seat to get under it and check the electrical connection for power and then continuity through the elements.
Also I changed the seat heater module, it kept shorting out. A great tutorial on YouTube about taking the seat apart. Not that hard, just takes time and patience.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:09 PM

I have an 04 Limited with 61,000 miles. The light goes on just fine for the heated seat but the driver seat doesn't heat up. The passenger side heated seat switch lights up the same as the driver's side switch and the seats warm up just fine. I don't understand why the driver's side seat isn't getting warm !!! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Old 12-10-2017, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by 04_Xphire
I have an 04 Limited with 61,000 miles. The light goes on just fine for the heated seat but the driver seat doesn't heat up. The passenger side heated seat switch lights up the same as the driver's side switch and the seats warm up just fine. I don't understand why the driver's side seat isn't getting warm !!! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
Did you read this thread before you asked? This thread and ones similar to it say that the light tipurning on does not mean the seat heater will work. The solutions to the lroblem are also outlined, there is no magic bullet sadly.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:30 PM

First I would check the voltage at the seat. You will have to remove the bolts to the seat to access the plug. If there is power then most likely the seat heater will have to be replaced. Then I just bought a new aftermarket seat heater pad and wired it in. It does take some time but is doable for the do it yourselfer.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:48 PM

I found out the most likely problem to be a broken wire within the seat and was led to this video with a step by step on how to fix it.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ70UKVtRWM&t=25s
But thank you for everything! And i hope this link helps others to fixing the problem i had.