All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Key won't lock the door on 2006 Crossfire

Old 04-26-2017, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Key won't lock the door on 2006 Crossfire

My key won't lock the crossfire door. The key works in the ignition but not to lock the driver's side door (there is no lock on the passenger side).

The automatic lock does not work as it was washed in the laundry by accident one day (oops) and the electronics got damaged, so I'm only left with the cut key, which is giving me problems now.

I was going to get a new key, which would be pre-programmed to the car and get another key cut, but not sure it would solve the issue.

Any suggestions?

Old 04-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Default Re: Key won't lock the door on 2006 Crossfire

Your cut key "should" match the tumblers in the door to lock and unlock with said key.

Has it "ever" unlocked the door before? Could it be possible that the door or door lock has been changed in the past?

My fob does not work, so I use the key for the door all the time. And yes, I need to order a second complete key and fob too.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:34 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by valley89
My key won't lock the crossfire door. The key works in the ignition but not to lock the driver's side door (there is no lock on the passenger side).

The automatic lock does not work as it was washed in the laundry by accident one day (oops) and the electronics got damaged, so I'm only left with the cut key, which is giving me problems now.

I was going to get a new key, which would be pre-programmed to the car and get another key cut, but not sure it would solve the issue.

Any suggestions?
Did this key work before to unlock the door, I mean the key not the fob. I suspect you never had to try it and the key never worked when you purchased the car. The lock was changed sometime.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:32 PM

Yes, it has worked over 5 years, since I've owned the vehicle. It only stopped working recently.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:30 PM

Yes, it has worked over 5 years, since I've owned the vehicle. It only stopped working recently.
I always use the remote unlocking, I assume the key will operate manually
If the key will not open the door when inserted and turned then something is wrong inside the lock mechanism.
You do not say if it turns in the lock or not, or even if the key goes all the way in.
Full descriptions of the facts helps us, you know but we can only make assumptions.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:39 PM

The key goes in all the way and turns but I don't hear the click I used to that initiates the lock.
I can lock the doors from inside the car while it's running by pressing the lock button. But as soon as I turn off the car and try to manually lock it from the outside, it does not work.
My friend tried it and it worked only once in the past two months and a second time he got one door to only close by turning the key. It has not worked for me in the last two months.
The lock seemed to get more 'sticky' in the last year and I had to turn the key slower and from one side for it to work but it kept working. There was however one time two years ago when it would not lock for 24 hrs.

I hope this additional information helps.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:22 PM

The key goes in all the way and turns but I don't hear the click I used to that initiates the lock.
I can lock the doors from inside the car while it's running by pressing the lock button. But as soon as I turn off the car and try to manually lock it from the outside, it does not work.
My friend tried it and it worked only once in the past two months and a second time he got one door to only close by turning the key. It has not worked for me in the last two months.
The lock seemed to get more 'sticky' in the last year and I had to turn the key slower and from one side for it to work but it kept working. There was however one time two years ago when it would not lock for 24 hrs.

I hope this additional information helps.
Look in the Service Manual, you can download it from the Documentation thread in the TSBs and How To section and you can see how to access the lock, maybe it just needs some lube in it.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-28-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Try shooting some WD40 into the lock.