All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

New Crossfire!

Old 05-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Crossfire!

Alright, so I purchased a 2008 crossfire about 2 months ago and I'm in love. I saw the car back in 2004 when I was 13 or so and knew it was what I needed in my life but thought I could never afford it. So fast forward 13 years and a job as a law clerk - I finally realized that the crossfire was not only still a viable option, but also super in my price range. Happy camper.

One of the senior partners at the firm drives a Porsche and I think he likes my car more than I do - telling me to get a daily driver so I'm not putting miles on it like an idiot because he says it's gonna be worth a whole bunch in the next several years. (I don't think he's wrong, either) Anyway, after driving it and putting ~2k miles on it, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to want to tinker with it some more and either add stuff, change stuff, or fix stuff (like my headlight aiming ****). Any cool mods or what have you? Anything I should be wary of? Anyone in the Houston area who wants to help wrench?

Old 05-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Default Re: New Crossfire!

Hey Steel Possum. Welcome, I too am a new owner and looking to do some mods as well. My wife and I were looking at buying a van/suv back in 2002 and saw my first Crossfire at the local dealership. I remember thinking how sweet it was and that I too would never be able to afford it. I love it, a little too much, originally we were getting another car for our two boys to drive, now it can't be raining nor can it rain at anytime during the day if they take it to school. My wife and boys are a little pissed that I put rules around it, but hey I want to keep it nice with low miles Besides they can drive the 2002 Honda Odyssey with 270K miles, kids think minivans are cool, right?

Anyway I personally have bought K&N air filters, new subs and crossover for the mids. I want to do the 74mm MAF and looking at the MAF screen removal and Debaffle of the MAF elbow into the TB. I want to get the sprint booster, but the wife is constraining the car budget. I used to do all sorts of mods on my Mustangs, things were so much cheaper and easier.

Good luck!

Last edited by cobray; 05-12-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:13 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

~ congrats and welcome!

Old 05-13-2017, 03:36 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by cobray
Hey Steel Possum. Welcome, I too am a new owner and looking to do some mods as well. My wife and I were looking at buying a van/suv back in 2002 and saw my first Crossfire at the local dealership. I remember thinking how sweet it was and that I too would never be able to afford it. I love it, a little too much, originally we were getting another car for our two boys to drive, now it can't be raining nor can it rain at anytime during the day if they take it to school. My wife and boys are a little pissed that I put rules around it, but hey I want to keep it nice with low miles Besides they can drive the 2002 Honda Odyssey with 270K miles, kids think minivans are cool, right?

Anyway I personally have bought K&N air filters, new subs and crossover for the mids. I want to do the 74mm MAF and looking at the MAF screen removal and Debaffle of the MAF elbow into the TB. I want to get the sprint booster, but the wife is constraining the car budget. I used to do all sorts of mods on my Mustangs, things were so much cheaper and easier.

Good luck!

Hey Brian, the brain cells are dying here (more and more every day). Of course they are 74mm TB/MAF diameters, just iggy my references to 72mm in the email, OK? Woun't be the first time this happened, aint gonna be the last! George

Old 05-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I like the classics. Other than K&Ns and clean brake pads (lots of options), do the maintenance and enjoy it. After nine years time for coolant flush, brake fluid flush, rear diffy. Then ride on.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:39 AM

Welcome, also new to the crossfire. I've put a couple thousand miles on in my 2 months of ownership. I'm waiting on my sprint booster, after the reviews of the unit I am excited to install it. How it feels is much more on an NA than any numbers for HP. The seat of the pants feeling is where it's at in my opinion.