All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Liqui Moly Cera Tec Friction Modifier ?

Old 05-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Liqui Moly Cera Tec Friction Modifier ?

Anybody try this stuff ? Does it work or is it snake oil ?

Old 05-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Liqui Moly Cera Tec Friction Modifier ?

Remember Slick 50?
Slick 50 and other engine oil additives - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Old 05-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

So right,with cars on here with 200 going on 300k I do not think adding anything to the oil is worth it.

Now if you want to put this in the oil and then jam the throttle wide open with a 2x4 go ahead, repeat the test without the crap in the oil. Just get a video of each test and we can see if it works once. You then have to do this again and again just to prove the point.

Whatever the outcome I'll just use the recommended oil and be quite happy. Just remember that not one major oil maker has seen fit to add this to their product and boasted about it.

Leave the formulation of the oil to the experts not some salesman selling pie in the sky ideas.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the response. That's kinda what I thought.

Old 05-07-2017, 03:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,
Liqui Moly is a german company since 1957 known for quality products, especially oils and additives. Pricey but prooved stuff. Reviews

Amazon Amazon

In Germany this product is commonly used on high milage diesels. It helps also to reduce the fuel consumption for sure. There are a lot of happy misers here in Germany being proud to save some fuel with the additive (thats maybe the main reason for usage). Gas is very expensive here in Germany, 3 x times more expensive than in the USA.

Hundreds of positive reviews even here, check with google translater

Amazon Amazon

Of course, the LM will not repair a mechanical problem - it`s just a ceramic friction lube - but a good one.

Watch this:

"Wagner micro ceramic oil" (also a german brand) seems to have even more ceramic contents than the LM , but i am not sure if too much is too much..

Steven

Berlin Germany

Last edited by No2fast; 05-07-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by No2fast
Hi,
Liqui Moly is a german company since 1957 known for quality products, especially oils and additives. Pricey but prooved stuff. Reviews

https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-20.../dp/B001CZODH8

In Germany this product is commonly used on high milage diesels. It helps also to reduce the fuel consumption for sure. There are a lot of happy misers here in Germany being proud to save some fuel with the additive (thats maybe the main reason for usage). Gas is very expensive here in Germany, 3 x times more expensive than in the USA.

Hundreds of positive reviews even here, check with google translater

https://www.amazon.de/Liqui-Moly-372...i+moly+ceratec

Of course, the LM will not repair a mechanical problem - it`s just a ceramic friction lube - but a good one.

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7K86w0-_k

"Wagner micro ceramic oil" (also a german brand) seems to have even more ceramic contents than the LM , but i am not sure if too much is too much..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwNicULSTsk

Steven

Berlin Germany
We have many seat of the pants dyno experts here and I am sure they would swear to improvements when using this stuff. If saving $10 worth of fuel after spending $15 on the additive is what you get then it is not worth it. If the reverse was the case then governments would insist on its use to reduce pollution, except in countries that scrapped enviromental rules and regulations to enable the use of more polluting fuels.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

You mean I won't get 60 mpg and a top speed in excess of 200 mph?

Old 05-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody remember STP

Old 05-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by tommh50
Does anybody remember STP

I do, and I have used it for every car I owned for many decades (including the same stuff marketed under the walmart brand until they discontinued it). Two facts, a 1999 6 cylinder 'babystar' engine with 132,000 miles that blew a fiberglass timing gear that a teaching college doubted was actually 132,000 miles (because of how clean the lower end was when the pan was dropped) AND no problems with any of my engines over the years that included 1 bottle of the STP treatment (or that walmart equiv). If this additive stumped a seasoned teaching master instructor, and kept me with cold (coated start-up internals) since 1975 (preventing premature wear which is known where much wear happens in normal daily engine use), then I endorse its use wholeheartedly. I also contacted Mobil1 and got their OK (reply) it is compatable with their synthetic, when I change the oil in my crossfire. There are many skeptics, but they do not alter my decision to use it.