All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Airbag recall

Old 05-15-2017, 08:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag recall

Greetings
I live in Michigan and just took Crossfire out of hibernation.Have to have airbag replaced due to recall. Any member recommend a Mi.Chrysler Dealership north of Detroit area to have this replaced.
Thanks in advance.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:25 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Airbag recall

The key to getting this repair done correctly is to find a dealer with an experienced Crossfire tech and the correct tools. Try calling the FCA # on your recall notice and have them locate the proper dealer with the parts in stock. They'll also set up the appt for you.

See this thread for more airbag info......

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...all-parts.html

Old 05-15-2017, 03:41 PM
Received 376 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by AEROHEAD
Greetings
I live in Michigan and just took Crossfire out of hibernation.Have to have airbag replaced due to recall. Any member recommend a Mi.Chrysler Dealership north of Detroit area to have this replaced.
Thanks in advance.

THE BEST advice I can give you, is to video the SRS light when starting the car (all) the way to when it shuts off. That is the system 'self-check' that it goes through. Do this before you turn the car over to the dealership AND tell them you want them to verify the light is not lit when they are 'in-checking' your car, and have them also verify the SRS 'self-check' is working properly. A few members are having the car returned to them with the SRS lamp lit and they (dealership) tells the owner there needs to be a lot of work done to fix it. If they screw it up, they have to fix it on their dime. The problem happens (I believe) when they try that last step in their instructions given to them in the replacement module box. If they do not have the right electronic 'tool', it'll fail the test and set the light. BTW, as a final note, make sure they write the correct mileage on the ticket, at least one owner had many miles put on the car and he suspected joyriders taking the car for a spin.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Good info on the before and after video/pic. Thanks.