All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Installing Gentex dimming rear view mirror?

Old 07-09-2017, 01:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing Gentex dimming rear view mirror?

Hi folks. I've seen it noted through searching that a number of people have installed the Gentex self-dimming mirror for the 05 and up models that of course didn't come with this option. Sick of getting blinded at night by trucks, so want to do this myself finally. Like that the Gentex is a little bigger and has added options like compass and temp, so want to go that route rather than buy an 04 self-dimming mirror.

Anyhow, how are the Gentex to install? I've looked at the post here showing how to install an 04 dimming mirror, but can't find anything on installing a Gentex. Biggest concern is how to mount it on the windshield. Will I need to remove the mount that's on the car and replace with a wedge mount? Is there an adapter available? Concerned about damaging the windshield by trying to get the original mount off. Assuming the wiring will be more straightforward.

Looking at this at Amazon:
Amazon Amazon

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Old 07-26-2017, 03:21 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: Installing Gentex dimming rear view mirror?

I cannot help you with the Gentex (although they are made in Zeeland MI and are a great product), but as an alternative you can apply window tint that allows 15% light on the rear window. It works great for my SRT6 coupe but I did not bother with the roadster since I rarely drive it at night.