All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Mechanic on the go.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:17 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Mechanic on the go.

just a feeler,,, What does everyone thinks of a crossfire mechanic that would come to you anywhere in the USA, and fix your crossfire. tell me your thoughts ! jim

Old 08-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts
Default Re: Mechanic on the go.

Interesting proposal.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Sounds expensive though, what with the travel, accommodations and whatever hourly rate, I assume at least $80/hour.
BUT ! When there is no alternative, might be a good idea

( Now, if said mechanic happens to be a good looking young girl, then pizzaguy wouldn't mind paying the fee )

Last edited by ala_xfire; 08-19-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
just a feeler,,, What does everyone thinks of a crossfire mechanic that would come to you anywhere in the USA, and fix your crossfire. tell me your thoughts ! jim
Anywhere in the US? It could get very expensive I would think. Not a bad idea 😉 just cost-prohibitive for those that live a great distance away from your base of operation. Unless of course money is of no concern to the one needing the service.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:09 PM

maybe something like a week in the south east . to cover al,tenn,ark.ga.fl,nc. sc.
maybe in the north east or west to winterize or after the winter when a lot of no starts happen
this came about because miamimatt is a dock-master and does do this for boats and i mentioned it to him about the crossfire,,,
his responds was I could do that and it could help the crossfire community ..if close he would drive there ,,otherwise he may have to fly to you.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did this here in Florida. It gets expensive and most owners won't trust someone without a solid reputation. I wish I still had time to do it since everyone keeps asking now that I work in a shop. Hardest part is that clientele base....and I have it.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by chuK_138
I did this here in Florida. It gets expensive and most owners won't trust someone without a solid reputation. I wish I still had time to do it since everyone keeps asking now that I work in a shop. Hardest part is that clientele base....and I have it.
I vouch for Matt as he has worked on my car with out me there and most of you know ,I don't let just anyone work on my car.
Chuk if you get a call for repair help, please inform them of Matt thanks jim

Old 09-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Re: Mechanic on the go.

Thanks Jim!

Karen

Old 09-12-2017, 10:38 AM

Matt, will you be in NYC/Central Jersey any time soon? I need some work done on my limited 05 roadster.

Thanks,

Karen

Old 09-12-2017, 12:50 PM

I'm thinking about buying a Chrysler crossfire 2004. The person that I'm supposed to be buying the car from says "The car isn't running well on its own and when attempting to starting the car everything comes on as they should. But I don't think the car will run well without the neutral safety switch being fixed" the owner also says that the mechanic checked the start,ignition and the switch and also the transmission to make sure that they wasn't the problem" The seller also says he don't recommend me to drive the car from nc to tn because of that.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:52 PM

Theoretically, great idea.

In practice, you're going to run into problems that aren't your fault and be responsible but not available to fix them.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:58 AM

I actually went and checked the car out etc and it was multiple things wrong with the car so I didn't purchase the car.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:47 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

I just cannot see how someone who knows about boats could possibly pick up the info on solving Crossfire problems to be too effective out of the gate. It would take time and on any particular problem the customer would be footing the bill as the clock ticked.
Presumably he would have his wits and need access to this forum to gain insight into a problem. Getting back on a plane without solving a problem would not lead to a good record of customer satisfaction.

Even a leak in the trunk is not too obvious, as the car is not going to sink. That is a joke.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:53 AM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

The biggest issue I see with the concept is that you can seldom "fix" the issue without down time for sourcing parts.

I was a packaging machine tech for years. Flew allover the country. Nine times out of ten, I made two trips. One to assess the issues and then to install the repairs. With all the retailers around I'm sure this would be to a minimum with e Crossfire but still, it could run into prohibitive expense.

I charged $550.00 per day plus expenses, making the minimum invoicing close to a grand plus parts. I never got rich at it and frankly the Customer got hosed. This might work for high end Exotics, but not so much for the Crossfire.

That said, it might be fun for you and enjoyable for a few members here who can afford the luxury of paying for your presence and time with their "baby." As for me, I would love to have you work on my "babies" but, I would have to pay you off with 50 cent coupons and Doggie treats from my packaging factory.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 09-19-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I just cannot see how someone who knows about boats could possibly pick up the info on solving Crossfire problems to be too effective out of the gate. It would take time and on any particular problem the customer would be footing the bill as the clock ticked.
Presumably he would have his wits and need access to this forum to gain insight into a problem. Getting back on a plane without solving a problem would not lead to a good record of customer satisfaction.

Even a leak in the trunk is not too obvious, as the car is not going to sink. That is a joke.
jump conclusions, and you could loose!
Matt owns about 5 mercedes at this time , he has built 4,, 10 second race cars e55's and 63's he has owned a slk 320 and a slk 32 he has built a V8 crossfire (with Rudy) so "i Just cannot see how someone who knows about boats could possibly pick up the info on solving crossfire problems " sorry onehundred but Matt knows more about mercedes and the crossfire than you, me and a lot of the members on this site. don't judge so quickly. why don't you come to the tail of the dragon and meet him. jim

Old 09-19-2017, 01:57 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

jump conclusions, and you could loose!
Matt owns about 5 mercedes at this time , he has built 4,, 10 second race cars e55's and 63's he has owned a slk 320 and a slk 32 he has built a V8 crossfire (with Rudy) so "i Just cannot see how someone who knows about boats could possibly pick up the info on solving crossfire problems " sorry onehundred but Matt knows more about mercedes and the crossfire than you, me and a lot of the members on this site. don't judge so quickly. why don't you come to the tail of the dragon and meet him. jim
So you ask for opinions on a proposal without giving all the facts. Now you say this guy knows about cars, that is news to us.
We can only give opinions based on what we know.
I still think it is a non starter, Franc gave good examples of why it would not work.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:51 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
As for me, I would love to have you work on my "babies" but, I would have to pay you off with 50 cent coupons and Doggie treats from my packaging factory.
Hmm.. having 3 dogs.. Hit me up if you need a CPS replaced..

Old 09-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Hmm.. having 3 dogs.. Hit me up if you need a CPS replaced..
I know that I can always count on you Gregg!