All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Is the end in sight?

Old 12-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is the end in sight?

Looking to buy a duplicate of mine as a parts car. Parts themselves are getting expensive and rare.

Old 12-24-2018, 03:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Gentlemen - Do a search for the Crossfire on "Hemmings.com" . You'll notice that the prices are running from around $9,900 to $19,900. Things are looking up!

Jim

Old 12-25-2018, 11:06 AM
Administrator
Received 880 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
Gentlemen - Do a search for the Crossfire on "Hemmings.com" . You'll notice that the prices are running from around $9,900 to $19,900. Things are looking up!

Jim
I'm not seeing any evidence of prices 'looking up' when I see what prices friends are getting for their Crossfires - nor when I see what friends are paying for Crossfires.
Jeff in Greenville just bought an SRT Roadster in good shape with under 70,000 on it for $8000. While one sale is not a trend, the same can be said for asking prices.

I gather that my 44,000 mile SE is worth about $7500 right now - I'd never let it go for that, I'll hang on to it.

Old 12-25-2018, 07:37 PM

The SRT-6 Roadster has already started moving up due to low production numbers (Chrysler says 928, others say a little over 1000 produced.) Even the lowly AMC Marlin is getting great numbers because of low production numbers. Hang on if you have any SRT-6! I would shorten you 20-25 year comment by about 5 years (15-20). Great investment and fun!

Old 12-26-2018, 12:25 AM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by edmoncwheeler
The SRT-6 Roadster has already started moving up due to low production numbers (Chrysler says 928, others say a little over 1000 produced.) Even the lowly AMC Marlin is getting great numbers because of low production numbers. Hang on if you have any SRT-6! I would shorten you 20-25 year comment by about 5 years (15-20). Great investment and fun!
I think the light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming our way, soon a new key and a SKREEM will be worth more than the car, SRT roadster or not.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

At least one dealer is pricing up Crossfires:
https://www.treadwayvehicles.com/inv...del]=Crossfire
Cheers,

Old 01-08-2019, 06:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Chooch - And they are worth it, not that I am prejudice. Thanks for this posting. It's about time the XF is increasing in price. After watching some of these junk shows on TV with the tatoo's and bearded wanabee's painting up rust buckets and what their getting for them when finished, it's good to see the XF gaining in price. In my opinion, they are worth much more than a done over Camaro.

Thanks again, for the posting,

Jim

Old 01-09-2019, 06:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just because that is what they are asking doesn't mean that is anywhere near what they will get, all are low mileage. I didn't look that close, wonder how long they have been setting on the lot?

Old 01-09-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by djohn14296
Just because that is what they are asking doesn't mean that is anywhere near what they will get, all are low mileage. I didn't look that close, wonder how long they have been setting on the lot?
Legit prices. Actually the SRT-6 prices are a little lower than what they are getting in N. Texas.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Anyone who believes the Crossfire is going up in value has GOT to remember to STOP pushing on the Q-tip when you feel resistance.

The car WILL go up in value, but we are not there yet. Not by a long shot.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Anyone who believes the Crossfire is going up in value has GOT to remember to STOP pushing on the Q-tip when you feel resistance.

The last thing we want is for the price to rise because the sudden increase of Crossfires for sale would decrease the current value overnight.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,
I purchased my 04 XF last summer because I wanted a car that you just didn't see everyday. A car to enjoy and take to local cruise nights. A car that isn't a late model Mustang, Camaro, or Challenger. I have owned a 57 Tbird, 55 Ford Crown Victoria, many early Mustangs, and a 68 Shelby GT500 over the years. I can't perform total restorations anymore but I still enjoy owning an antique or collector car. What I see in the old car hobby is a lack of young people interested in antique and collector cars. Cars from the 1930s and 1940s that are not street rods have all gone down in value. I expect to see 1950s car values start going down soon. As we all get older there just isn't as many people who really care about old cars. I expect that most Crossfire owners are 55 years old and older. I hope that the antique and collector car hobby continues and that old car values start to rise. As for now, enjoy your Crossfire for what it is and don't worry about making money if and when you decide to sell it. I enjoy getting behind the wheel of my Crossfire and taking it for a drive. I think we all do.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80

The last thing we want is for the price to rise because the sudden increase of Crossfires for sale would decrease the current value overnight.
My post was Situational Awareness (SA) for the Forum.
Although most Crossfire resale prices are lower than actual values, at least one dealer has much higher pricing.
Why would Treadway price the cars so much higher than the rest of the market?
Outlier? Fluke? Trend? … Insanity??
Cheer,

Old 01-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Chooch
My post was Situational Awareness (SA) for the Forum.
Although most Crossfire resale prices are lower than actual values, at least one dealer has much higher pricing.
Why would Treadway price the cars so much higher than the rest of the market?
Outlier? Fluke? Trend? … Insanity??
Cheer,
Don't overlook the P.T. Barnum rule : There is a sucker born every day

Old 01-09-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Tbirdtony
Hi everyone,
I purchased my 04 XF last summer because I wanted a car that you just didn't see everyday. A car to enjoy and take to local cruise nights. A car that isn't a late model Mustang, Camaro, or Challenger. I have owned a 57 Tbird, 55 Ford Crown Victoria, many early Mustangs, and a 68 Shelby GT500 over the years. I can't perform total restorations anymore but I still enjoy owning an antique or collector car. What I see in the old car hobby is a lack of young people interested in antique and collector cars. Cars from the 1930s and 1940s that are not street rods have all gone down in value. I expect to see 1950s car values start going down soon. As we all get older there just isn't as many people who really care about old cars. I expect that most Crossfire owners are 55 years old and older. I hope that the antique and collector car hobby continues and that old car values start to rise. As for now, enjoy your Crossfire for what it is and don't worry about making money if and when you decide to sell it. I enjoy getting behind the wheel of my Crossfire and taking it for a drive. I think we all do.
I agree with you, my son in his late thirties told me his generation did not care about old cars and shows no interest in my Crossfire. He drove it the most on my trip back after picking it up in Florida, he thought it was fast and that was that. He has no interest in fixing cars just in going from A to B.
For some reason many younger guys prefer pick ups for which some pay a fortune and have no real use for, amazing. Fortunately my son is not one of them and drives a VW.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:36 PM

Everything is relative.

True for N/A Crossfires (not going up very fast) because there are so many out there for sale.. Not so much for SRT-6's

I paid $18,000 in 2010 for a low mileage SRT-6 convertible. I can easily get $23,000 today. I'm keeping it in the barn.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by edmoncwheeler
I paid $18,000 in 2010 for a low mileage SRT-6 convertible. I can easily get $23,000 today.
Take the Q-tips away from this guy.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:21 PM

Take the Q-tips away from this guy.
If we split the difference between the two figures we might get close, (23,000 + 2010) divided by 2. LOL

Old 01-09-2019, 05:51 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Just an observation but my 1990 Buick Reatta Convertible (2k produced Halo 2-seater) would have a hard time getting $6k. And it has more luggage space.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:00 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Question Re: Is the end in sight?

Originally Posted by Tbirdtony
Hi everyone,
Tony, couldn't agree with you more! It's a matter of attrition. Certainly I am on the high end, age wise, as a few others here are. There's just less of the senior group who appreciate/enjoy the tri-five Chevys as well as the '50 Mercs/Lincolns and the wide track Pontiacs. AND, those that do, those cars are still pulling good money, a lot more then what it would take to get into a low mile NA roadster/coupe. These Crossfires are a bargain to get into and DRIVE. At my station in life, I don't have the horsepower to start a museum. Really enjoy driving 'em. THAT's what it's all about. Drive the miles and watch the smiles!

Regards,

Quick Reply: Is the end in sight?