All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Aero Blue Touch Up Paint

Old 11-08-2018, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Blue Touch Up Paint

Hi All,

I just heard back from a local Chrysler dealer saying that Mopart has discontinued the touch-up spray and pens for Aero Blue. Has anyone used an aero blue touch paint vendor that is accurate? Looking to fix a couple of small scratches.

Thanks!

Sergio

Old 11-08-2018, 04:45 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts
Default Re: Aero Blue Touch Up Paint

I ordered some from San Leandro Paint and it was fresh mixed and matched perfect. You might also consider the clearcoat.
https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=sa...p=mss&ei=UTF-8

Old 11-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cheyoru
Hi All,

I just heard back from a local Chrysler dealer saying that Mopart has discontinued the touch-up spray and pens for Aero Blue. Has anyone used an aero blue touch paint vendor that is accurate? Looking to fix a couple of small scratches.

Thanks!

Sergio
You can have it mixed at many auto paint stores but bear in mind that even though it is identical in configuration that temperature, distance from car, humidity and amount of paint flow from gun can affect the shade you get, so get plenty of paint and test your technique on something similar before painting.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:14 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Hi All,

Thanks!

Sergio
I use Automotive Touchup for all my paint pens for all my cars. I've even used their pre-mixed spray cans with excellent results. Paint always matches.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:30 PM

Thanks All! I think I will go with Automotive Touchup as suggested by @dedwards0323. I almost bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Cr...r=462354152902 but so far don't know much about their quality.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
I use Automotive Touchup for all my paint pens for all my cars. I've even used their pre-mixed spray cans with excellent results. Paint always matches.
Hello all, I called Automotive Touchup and they are asking for the color code for my aero blue srt6. I called Chrysler and Chrysler gave me two color codes: Pbk and Wbks... the rep at Chrysler didn’t know which one was the best code and told me to talk to the dealer. The dealer parts department is terrible and they couldn’t get me the paint after trying for three months.

Does anyone here know the right code code for aero blue?

Thanks in advance!

Sergio

Old 02-28-2019, 01:10 PM

Hello all, I called Automotive Touchup and they are asking for the color code for my aero blue srt6. I called Chrysler and Chrysler gave me two color codes: Pbk and Wbks... the rep at Chrysler didn’t know which one was the best code and told me to talk to the dealer. The dealer parts department is terrible and they couldn’t get me the paint after trying for three months.

Does anyone here know the right code code for aero blue?

Thanks in advance!

Sergio

Attached is from their website.

The Chrysler Color Codes are also attached for both factory Color Code & Sales Code. These are different and sometimes paint suppliers use the Sales Code as the Color Code. They are not the same. I have arguments all the time with paint suppliers that say my car's Color Code is DDR, which is identical to the Graphite Gray Metallic used during 2004-2005 model years. Some paint suppliers state is was only a name change by Chrysler. But if you check the Color Code on the MOPAR list, the Color Code for Graphite Gray & Machine Gray are different. The Sales Code (DDR) was the same.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 02-28-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:54 PM

So I called Automotive Touchup and the rep explained that the aero blue code Pbk is a body paint code; the Qbk code is a bumper code pain code. She said there was no such thing as a Wbks code for aero blue, so the Chrysler rep was probably mistaken. I went ahead and ordered the paints, so I'll see what happens

Old 03-03-2019, 11:14 AM

So I called Automotive Touchup and the rep explained that the aero blue code Pbk is a body paint code; the Qbk code is a bumper code pain code. She said there was no such thing as a Wbks code for aero blue, so the Chrysler rep was probably mistaken. I went ahead and ordered the paints, so I'll see what happens
I'm betting that the paint you ordered is the color you need. The bumper application paint code probably has an adhesion promoter mixed in so the paint will adhere better to a plastic surface. I've never known Automotive Touchup (or any other paint supplier) to do this, but maybe they have expanded their product line. Normally, when painting plastic parts (i.e., bumpers, body panels, etc.), you would spray a light coat of adhesion promoter before applying car paint.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-03-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
I'm betting that the paint you ordered is the color you need. The bumper application paint code probably has an adhesion promoter mixed in so the paint will adhere better to a plastic surface. I've never known Automotive Touchup (or any other paint supplier) to do this, but maybe they have expanded their product line. Normally, when painting plastic parts (i.e., bumpers, body panels, etc.), you would spray a light coat of adhesion promoter before applying car paint.
Makes complete sense!