Rolling through my city and... - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Rolling through my city and...

Old 03-14-2019, 03:06 PM
Default Rolling through my city and...

Well, it seems
as if the roads in my town hate the XFire, need suspension upgrades and now this.
Went over a deep unmarked pot hole and now I have two busted passenger tires and a cracked rear rim. I currently have a claim in progress through my insurance. Without a doubt will need a new rear rim for my passenger side though. Not as concerned about the tires.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:16 PM
Default Re: Rolling through my city and....

Yea, Been there done that , cost me $1200. couple yrs ago , I filed suit against the state and got repaid 6 months later.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Xenial View Post

Well, it seems
as if the roads in my town hate the XFire, need suspension upgrades and now this.
Went over a deep unmarked pot hole and now I have two busted passenger tires and a cracked rear rim. I currently have a claim in progress through my insurance. Without a doubt will need a new rear rim for my passenger side though. Not as concerned about the tires.
Take a photo of the pot hole, a friend ruined a tire and rim complained and the town said "What pot hole'. They had filled it in before he got back to take a picture that same night.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 View Post
Take a photo of the pot hole, a friend ruined a tire and rim complained and the town said "What pot hole'. They had filled it in before he got back to take a picture that same night.
Yeah, that's my plan,im going to head back over here soon , and take some pictures. Hopefully they're slothful and it's not repaired just yet.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:19 PM

The cause.

There was no cone to alert people of the hole earlier, when it flattened my ****.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Xenial View Post

Well, it seems

You should make sure the tires are not internally damaged. If they are ripped inside, they can fly apart at speeds. Be careful with pothole damaged tires!

Old 03-15-2019, 03:13 PM

Ouch that hurts...BAD! I just picked up an extra one as a tire shop managed to mangle one of mine, picked it up from HERE.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:58 PM
Default Re: Rolling through my city and...

Ouch, that is not a pothole, that is a small pond...
definitely be going to the city transportation claims department.

I had a pothole outside of Cincinnati get my rear tire 2-3 years ago
6 hrs from home
And I was seeing many threads of cracked wheels so I ordered some aftermamarkets, been wanting anyway.