Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crank Position Sensor on Ebay - $18.19 Shipped!

Old 12-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank Position Sensor on Ebay - $18.19 Shipped!

Hello, Everybody!!

Just wanted to give you a "heads up" on this inexpensive item currently on Ebay! Even though I currently don't need one, I decided to order one anyway. The price was just too good to pass up!

Take Care, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Monty

Old 12-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Crank Position Sensor on Ebay-- $18.19 Shipped!

Be careful Monty...been some bad ones out there. When trying to run down a problem, and you think it may be a cps, then you buy one, and that doesn't fix it, you move on to the next possibility, only to find out the new part was bad. After spending even more hours, time and money. Always buy from a good supplier and namebrand, but even they can be bad unfortunitely.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. Hell, it's only $18, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Not needed now, anyway. Just thought I'd toss my lucky hat in the ring just in case....

Monty

Old 12-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is a better link:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I am not a big fan of replacing with the stock Bosch units as we already know they go bad. I am currently using a Borg Warner that has a liftetime guarantee which I bought from o'Riley's. This ebay one would be a great spare to keep in the glove compartment.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Received 579 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Hello, Everybody!!

Just wanted to give you a "heads up" on this inexpensive item currently on Ebay! Even though I currently don't need one, I decided to order one anyway. The price was just too good to pass up!

Take Care, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Monty
I think this may be a case of 'penny wise and pound foolish'.

James1549 purchased a cheap part and had problems with it and the replacement I think.

You may be getting the part James sent back.
He has since sworn only to buy Bosch parts or similar.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Here is a better link:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I am not a big fan of replacing with the stock Bosch units as we already know they go bad. I am currently using a Borg Warner that has a liftetime guarantee which I bought from o'Riley's. This ebay one would be a great spare to keep in the glove compartment.
I think that would be a better choice...too many Asian knock offs...

Old 12-29-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I think this may be a case of 'penny wise and pound foolish'.

James1549 purchased a cheap part and had problems with it and the replacement I think.

You may be getting the part James sent back.
He has since sworn only to buy Bosch parts or similar.
But we know the Bosch piece is crap! I have sworn off bosch CPS's until I hear they have been redesigned. In most cars the CPS outlives the car. for now I am sticking with the lifetime guaranteed Borg Warner and would have this Ebay piece in the glove box in case I get stranded before O'riley's hands me a free replacement.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 579 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
But we know the Bosch piece is crap! I have sworn off bosch CPS's until I hear they have been redesigned. In most cars the CPS outlives the car. for now I am sticking with the lifetime guaranteed Borg Warner and would have this Ebay piece in the glove box in case I get stranded before O'riley's hands me a free replacement.
I'm not convinced the Bosch CPS is crap, we only hear of them failing because they are the ones fitted as OEM equipment. If the BW part was OEM maybe we would hear more of there failures.

The BW lifetime guarantee gets my vote though.

A lifetime guarantee does not make it better though and many such guarantees are not pursued when a failure happens because people forget or the car has changed owners.

I have only had one CPS fail and that was in a 1993 Chrysler Concorde, it died in the garage overnight with no warning, done like dinner, kaputsky, fried, toast.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

The company that sold me two camshaft sensors didn't even want the old ones back, they just refunded my payment.... what does that tell you?

What ever you buy, and if it is for a spare, install it and be sure it works before you have trouble with your car. Now I am gun shy to buy another for a spare. My spare crankshaft sensor is in an OEM bag so I think it will be good.

James

Old 12-29-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I'm not convinced the Bosch CPS is crap, we only hear of them failing because they are the ones fitted as OEM equipment. If the BW part was OEM maybe we would hear more of there failures.

The BW lifetime guarantee gets my vote though.

A lifetime guarantee does not make it better though and many such guarantees are not pursued when a failure happens because people forget or the car has changed owners.

I have only had one CPS fail and that was in a 1993 Chrysler Concorde, it died in the garage overnight with no warning, done like dinner, kaputsky, fried, toast.
In the last few years I have had two mercedes and a Crossfire. The Bosch CPS's failed in all three vehicles. At this point I am open to any other brand other than Bosch. While I understand that other brands may fail as well, I went with the lifetime guarantee to ensure I don't ever have to pay for one again. Trust me, I will not forget about the guarantee. I can only cross my fingers that Borg Warner is better. If not, I have gotten very good at replacing them in just a couple of minutes. I have bought a ton of BW parts back in my drag racing days and they always produced high quality parts. I bet even Doc has given Borg Warner a few bucks back in the day as well. It wouldn't suprise me at all if the Ebay one for under $19 shipped is better than the Bosch.