New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New owner in Indiana

Old 05-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner in Indiana

Hello Crossfire owners!
I purchased a 2006 Aero Blue NA Autostick Coupe from King's Toyota in Cincinatti in mid April. Just now had time to introduce myself. It is now located in the Corydon / New Salisbury area of Southern Indiana aka the boonies. But just 20 minutes from the home of the University of Louisville Fighting Cardinals!!!
My hometown is Louisville Ky, go there every weekend.
Paid 9800 big ones out the door for the Crossfire and feel like I stole it. immaculate condition with 69000 miles at time of purchase.
My background ~ retired civilian Naval Weapons Inspector and lifetime gearhead. My specialties "were" the Series 1 Jaguar E-types and Series 1 XJ6's. Have owned 21 of the Jags, did a few small block Chevy conversions and even a fuel injected LT1 in a 1971 XJ6. Can't remember all the other affordable sports cars I have owned but you name it and I probably owned it.
Had to immediately put tires on the Xfire, the obligatory oil change, K&N air filters, debadged the center caps, lost the seat belt chime, repainted the rims, deluxe clean up and wax and did the sticky key fix this morning, plus whatever else I'm forgetting that I have done to it. I really do like this car. I am 6' 1.5" tall and have no problem getting in and out of it, seats are crying for lumbar support, rear visibility is well you know....
My biggest regret is not holding out for the SRT6, dammit I hate being on a retired budget!!! Oh well I don't need any more speeding tickets anyway. The Coupe is quick, handles and corners like a dream and is a ball to drive. In fact I like it so much that I just can't stand it
Oh Well you are probably tired of my novelette by now so I'm outta here. I will have to add that this forum has been a godsend for me as far as info etc. Maybe I'll be able contribute some useful information some day. If not, a huge thank you for all the info that is already here. THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by marksill; 05-21-2014 at 10:29 PM. Reason: correct pics
Old 05-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Default Re: New owner in Indiana

Welcome to the forum. Good looking ride. We always like to hear that an XF has found a good home.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Received 553 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by marksill
Hello Crossfire owners!
The Coupe is quick, handles and corners like a dream and is a ball to drive. In fact I like it so much that I just can't stand it
It's called "Perma-Grin".

Welcome to the forum. And thank you for your service to our country.

Later,

Old 05-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

Welcome! You are not too far from our "Mecca" ....... Fontana Dam, NC.

Our fall meet is first weekend of October.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 522 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Welcome! You are not too far from our "Mecca" ....... Fontana Dam, NC.

Our fall meet is first weekend of October.
8th Annual Fall 2014-Tail of the Dragon GTG-October 3,4,5
Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like a sweet deal on a nice coupe.
There are others near Indy who you should try to meet up with.
If you are interested in meeting others here who own Crossfires try to attend one of the several meets held every year.

The one mentioned above is my favorite every Fall in NC
There is also a good time in August in Michigan

Woodward Dream Cruise & Meet - August 16, 2014 - Michigan

Hope to meet you at one of these

Gary

Old 05-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful car Mark, congrats and welcome.
AeroBlue is one of my three favorite colors for the Crossfire.
On a side note, The XKE coupe is my all time favorite car, so anybody who has owned as many as you have is my HERO.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello from louisville ky. there are a few members from louisville ky on facebook group. we are going to meet this summer to talk. you are invited.

Last edited by austinbarrylee; 05-22-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:32 PM

Uncle_Al, She has indeed found a good home. Garaged and I don't drive my favorite whip in the rain or snow.
Thanks for the welcome.
Mark

Old 05-23-2014, 05:36 PM

dedwards0323, You are spot on with the Perma-Grin!!! I knew it had to have a name.
Thanks for the welcome and you are welcome, btw the PH is X3, I guess I didn't know what "duck" meant otherwise I'm good to go, all four and twenty.
Mark

Old 05-23-2014, 05:39 PM

pizzaguy, Thanks for the welcome and I will keep the meets in mind. I am getting ready to order a pizza
Mark

Old 05-23-2014, 05:41 PM

VALK, thanks for the welcome, will keep the meets in mind. I'm retired and single and love road trips!
Mark

Old 05-23-2014, 05:49 PM

+fireamx, thanks for the welcome! The early XKE's are still stunning even with todays head turners.
So far ahead of their time and ran like a beast, very primitive cars otherwise. I only dealt with the 61~67
models. Had no use for them once Jaguar dropped the glassed over headlights and dropped from three to
two detuned carbs. It's funny back when I was on my Etype binge in the early 1980's you could buy them
all day for 1500~2000 bucks. My how things have changed! Wish I had them all back, I did post a couple
of my XJ's in my album, the Etypes were pre digital camera and I have few pics of them.
Mark

Old 05-23-2014, 05:51 PM

austinbarrylee, thanks for the welcome. I tried to find the Louisville Crossfire Facebook page but no luck. Could you PM me the URL?
Mark

Old 05-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Marksill,

Your car looks great. I'm new too, just bought an 8,460 mile, Graphite SRT6 and I love it. The forum has already helped me out, it's great.

I too have a passion for old sport cars, mine is centered around the old Vettes, I'm currently redoing six of them, two 57's, one 59, one 62, a 63 and a 67. I also have a C6 vette and I swear this little SRT6 will keep up with it.

Welcome,
Dave

Old 05-23-2014, 08:15 PM

Thanks for the compliment Dave. It's hard to believe you found one with so few miles and I'll have to admit I am jealous
This forum is a wealth of information and I am using it. Sure saves a lot of head scratching. Sounds like you are busier than I ever want to be. Never owned a Vette but have come so close many times but always opted for the Jags when I was in the market. My best friend has a C4 Vette and as you know that wasn't Corvette's best model, can't wait to get next to him in the Crossfire.
Honestly I got out of restoring cars about five yrs ago. So much work and the cost to restore one these days is astronomical, last check a gallon of red paint was 250.00+ and the cost of parts has just gone out the window. I recently sold my 96 Impala SS (great machines) and bought an old man GMC Envoy. OK suv but I had the itch for a real car. Couldn't decide what I wanted and thought about it for a couple of years. Almost went with the new Impala SS but they just didn't get me wet. Gave some long n serious thought to my dilemma and remembered the last show I put the Impala in a black Crossfire Coupe was lined up next to me. I loved the car and had no idea what they were till I saw the Chrysler badging. I am no Chrysler fan at all but do respect the power of MOPAR sheesh. Anywhoo looking at that Crossfire I saw the Etype, frogback Rivvy and the Marlin. I just loved the styling. So I decided to research the Crossfire last March and read nothing but good about them. I had no idea they even had a drop of Mercedes DNA in them till I researched and then decided to find one. The rest is history.
Have a great holiday weekend!!!
Mark

Old 05-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Forum Regular

I too admired the crossfire but couldn't justify getting one, then my buddy Randy Grubb (look him up on the internet if you want to see some amazing vehicles), finally convinced me I should road race with him and his GT40. I shouldn't say race, you can't pass unless you have the go ahead from the car in front of you, but it does allow you to see what your car will do without worrying about a cop. All my cars were convertibles and not wanting to put in a cage, it left me looking for a coupe. I first thought about going for a C5, the price is down on those and they are one fantastic car, but then I started looking at the Crossfires. After reading up on the SRT6, I was hooked.

I haven't took it on the track yet, but at least I have a car that I can. I'll be 65 in August and have no intentions of destroying this little guy but I do plan on having some fun. I too, love the styling of the car. And yes, I feel fortunate to have found one with so little miles; in a way, it raised my wife's comfort level with me taking it on the track, she knows I will be careful with it. Heck, since I haven't been on the track, I may not like it, but I'm already thankful for Randy's push, I love the car.

Dave

Old 05-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Forum Regular

Welcome to the club Mark, I took the wife's Mazda to Kings Mazda the first week of April and I actually saw your car on Toyotas lot on my way into the automall. I was going to stop and check it out on my way out but, there were to young guys (customer and salesman maybe) by the car so I didn't. Enjoy the retirement and your new toy and as we celebrate Memorial Day let me Thank a Purple Heart Recipient for his service to our country. Thanks to all the men and women past and present for choosing to put themselves in harms way to protect us. Have a happy and safe holiday my friends.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Welcome Mark !
As you state you are a gear head, and looking at your pictures, I have no doubt you will soon make some noteworthy contributions to the forum.
I too did diligent research before purchase, and found an ad from a Toyota dealer 75 miles from me advertising a 'Maroon' Roadster.
I called them and they swore it was not repainted. I immediately drove up there and bought my RED Roadster.
I had been looking at Miata's, S2000's, Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky.
I kinda liked the S2000, but too much $$$$ for me, all the others paled in comparison to the Crossfire.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 05-24-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Forum Regular

Some of us are trying to put a GTG set up just up river from you on the July 4th weekend in the Rising Sun Indiana. Please check out the Regional Forums/North America/ Midwest Forum. Click on the Ohio Valley Crossfires thread (last page) for details. Hope you can make it.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 522 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by xjken
Some of us are trying to put a GTG set up just up river from you on the July 4th weekend in the Rising Sun Indiana.
Please check out the Regional Forums/North America/ Midwest Forum.
Click on the Ohio Valley Crossfires thread (last page) for details.
Hope you can make it.

Just to help you out

Ohio Valley Crossfires

Quick Reply: New owner in Indiana