New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Tell me what you think !! Part two

Old 08-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me what you think !! Part two

MY FIRST POST

"So I just purchased a 04 crossfire 90k miles for 6995 (financed that is) and before I can pick it up or get it dropped off, the lot in which sold me the car has it at the chrysler dealership getting the locks replaced. I thought to myself no biggie since the its just door locks... the car has now been there for almost two weeks. One week before I purchased it and it's been a week since ive been waiting for it. When asking lot about what's taking so long he said the tech had to order a part which took awhile and had the weekend off.. and he also said electrical work can be tricky... should I be worried or no..does it take two weeks to replace door locks... why would he refer to it as an electrical problem...what should I do???

Update: Still haven't received my car yet and this coming Friday makes two weeks in which I made my down payment and waiting on the car. When I talked to the car lot manager he said it was the MOTHERBOARD... I'm only sort of familiar with one's in computers but not cars... Does he mean cpu... should I say forget it and get my money back orrrrr? TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK...

Old 08-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Re: Tell me what you think !! Part two

it sounds like they are spending money and buying parts in order to make the car correct for you, let them do it. I imagine they did not expect to need to replace those parts and they are surely not cheap so be patient for a little bit would be my advice. either they can fix it in a reasonable amount of time or they cannot. I think they are still within the "reasonable" timeframe as I am assuming this is a used car lot and not a Chrysler dealership if they only have 1 mechanic that can work on it.

don't rush the barber or the cook, lol

Old 08-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm thinking 90 day warranty against any repairs or electronics ...

Old 08-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm patient but car payment is in two weeks for a car that I only drove once ( test drive ).... the car has a two year/24k mile powertrain warranty on it