New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

"New" Roadster Owner :)

Old 09-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking "New" Roadster Owner :)

I just picked up my Graphite gray 2005 Roadster Limited yesterday. It drives like a dream. The previous owner took great care and there are no scratches and the top looks brand new. This car is a dream for me. I'm trading up from a Chevrolet Colorado with a 3" lift to this so the biggest culture shock is how low I sit to the ground. It's been so fun so far to drive. Unfortunately the weather is not permitting me to put the top down but I still feel like a rock star I can't wait for the fall. South Carolina weather will allow me to drop the top well into November.
Of course I do have some concern about where I will get work done when the time comes for it. I'm hearing from others that it will be quite costly and hard to find someone who will know how to work on a vehicle like this. I usually do my own oil changes, transmission changes, and brake work on my vehicles and I'm curious if it can really be that much of a difference. I haven't really had time to poke around in the motor to figure everything out yet because of school last night and work today but I'll get the time for that over the weekend.
I'm open to any advice that any one has to offer. Glad to be part of the elite group of Crossfire owners

Old 09-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: "New" Roadster Owner :)

Welcome !
You will find that oil changes are less messy than you are accustomed to due to the oil filter design, however note that 8 - 8.5 quarts of Mobil1 0-40 are required. ( $$$$ ).
Always try to use a Mann fleece type filter.
BTW, we are all getting together at Fontana Villiage Inn in the Smokies in a couple of weeks for the "Fall Dragon".
You are most welcome to join us ! ( and you are right, we are all ELITE )

Old 09-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nonamejane
I just picked up my Graphite gray 2005 Roadster Limited yesterday. It drives like a dream. The previous owner took great care and there are no scratches and the top looks brand new. This car is a dream for me. I'm trading up from a Chevrolet Colorado with a 3" lift to this so the biggest culture shock is how low I sit to the ground. It's been so fun so far to drive. Unfortunately the weather is not permitting me to put the top down but I still feel like a rock star I can't wait for the fall. South Carolina weather will allow me to drop the top well into November.
Of course I do have some concern about where I will get work done when the time comes for it. I'm hearing from others that it will be quite costly and hard to find someone who will know how to work on a vehicle like this. I usually do my own oil changes, transmission changes, and brake work on my vehicles and I'm curious if it can really be that much of a difference. I haven't really had time to poke around in the motor to figure everything out yet because of school last night and work today but I'll get the time for that over the weekend.
I'm open to any advice that any one has to offer. Glad to be part of the elite group of Crossfire owners

Welcome aboard nonnamejane. I presume you are living in SC? I live in Myrtle Beach...great place... You have only touch the tip of the "Crossfire berg" since owning it for a short time...the best is yet to come!...just come to the Tail of the Dragon, Oct 3,4,and 5 in Fontana Dam, NC...you will surely be hooked. This is a yearly gathering of some of the most beautiful Crossfires, "stock" and "modded", you will ever see...not to mention the fun times involved and especially all the great people...It's a blast.. Carl

Old 09-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

~ welcome to the forum! enjoy!!!

Old 09-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Received 553 Likes on 438 Posts

Welcome to the Forum. Lots of great information scattered throughout the website. And you can always post a question for advice. Lots a replies will be generated.

We're all interested in keeping these cars on the road, so we'll help you with any issue that comes up.

We've got quite a few Owners in the Carolinas, so stay in touch.

Later,

Old 09-18-2014, 08:03 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nonamejane

Welcome to the forum....enjoy the new car. Only advice would be to increase your font size. We're not getting any younger.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Welcome to the forum....enjoy the new car. Only advice would be to increase your font size. We're not getting any younger.
LMAO.........I was thinking the same thing.....