New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New owner, 15th roadster

Old 12-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner, 15th roadster

Hi All,

I bought my Roadster on December 9 and I love it. Someone (probably the valet) at the W Hotel in Washington DC keyed it on December 12 leaving a nice long scratch from the front marker light to the trailing edge of the door ending with a pushed in dent. (NOTE: The more people I meet, the more I like dogs and cars). The hotel is taking no responsibility.
Regardless, I love it. I have had an MG Midget, 4 Alfa Spiders, a LeBaron convertible (decidedly not a roadster, but I am counting it), 7 Fiat Spiders, and a Toyota MR2 Spyder before buying this car. The most fun, but least reliable of the bunch was the MR2 (4 engines in 12 years). I finally gave it up after it was totalled in a hit and run.
The Crossfire is a 2005 Limited Edition in white with a tan/black interior and a black roof. It lived its life in Arizona until moving here in March of 2013. Same owner until he traded it in for a VW Passat. Poor bugger, but lucky me. So far, I like it, but it takes some getting used to. It weighs 1,000 lbs more than the Spyder and has the engine in the front. I am not used to understeer; it's very odd.
It will be my only car, so I am hoping to learn a lot from all of you. I will do most of my own maintenance. I believe that it is relatively easy.

Darryl from DC

Last edited by DarrylW65; 12-27-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: New owner, 15th roadster

Welcome Darryl !
If you haven't already found it, the below link will take you to most of the documentation and DIY's.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Forum Regular

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have yourself a great car and I'm sure you are going to enjoy it. Sorry to hear about that scratch - I can't even think of something witty to make it less painful - it just sucks. You did make me count, I currently own 14 convertibles with no plans of selling any of them, but that count includes a '72 Blazer which enjoys a full top that comes off, but since it takes four men and dog to remove it, it might be pushing it to call it a convertible. I couldn't even venture to come up with how many I've owned in the past, but then again, I'm old. I didn't count the deco-pod, not sure what to call it, maybe a motorcycle? yet it does have two doors, could be a roadster, naw!!!

I did have the top down on my crossfire this morning at the weekly 'cars and donuts' at Pismo Beach.

Dave

Last edited by americanretrodave; 12-27-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tan and white interior??? Do you mean vanilla...as in off white? Never seen tan on a Crossfire. Welcome to the forum. You'll probably end up owning more than one of these cars from the history you gave us. We have 3, so it wouldn't shock me if you buy another!

Old 12-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations on the find. Coming from small roadsters myself I know what you mean about the need to adjust.

Once you have driven it down the Sky Line Drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway for one of the Dragon meets you will know what fine vehicle you have purchased.

Welcome.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Forum Regular

Welcome Darryl from DC! You will love the association of XF owners found here on the Forum. Complete, competent advice, great friends, and exciting get togethers all around the country. I recommend you start looking forward to attending this Spring's Tail of the Dragon here in E. TN/W. NC. Again, welcome!

Old 12-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome aboard, You should also consider joining the Chrysler Crossfire Owners on Facebook. We have 1500 great members there and we do all sorts of local and cross county gatherings https://www.facebook.com/groups/2211655775/