New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Considering a 2005 LTD Roadster

Old 12-28-2014, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering a 2005 LTD Roadster

Hello,

I was a member of this forum about 9 years ago when I bought a new 2005 LTD roadster. I sold it a couple of years later due to needing a more practical vehicle for commuting. I have been looking at them longingly ever since. I am scheduled to look at an Alabaster 2005 LTD roadster tomorrow. It has a little over 43,000 miles on it. One question I have is can Chrysler dealerships still get parts for them? Another question I have is whether other members, living in California, have had problems with the rear window coming loose. If it is a common problem in California too, then I want to factor it into the offer I make on the roadster.

This forum is as wonderful as I remembered it to be.

Thanks for reading this!

Old 12-28-2014, 08:01 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Considering a 2005 LTD Roadster

1. Unless it is a Crossfire specific part, you will have better luck ( and less $$$ ) getting the same part for a 2003 MB SLK320.
2. The rear window bond issue is common to ALL roadsters, regardless of location. There are 2 contributing factors :
a. Heat.
b. driving with the top up and the windows down ( wind buffeting )

To factor into the cost, a new top is @ $1200, you can replace it yourself ( I did a DIY on that ), or pay a shop $500 - $700 to do it for you.

Good luck, Rose !

Old 12-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Rose,

The prices on Crossfires currently are IMO super deals, if the top looks good and you want a convertible, go for it; if you have to spend a little on the top in the future, it shouldn't be a big deal if you bought the car right. I have both, and I have to say, I like the coupe better - as far as coupes go, it's one heck of a design.

Dave

Old 12-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The "detached rear window" makes for a great bargaining tool.. LOL.. As I found most people will walk away over it soon making the seller realize your offer ain't so bad...

Even if I have to replace my top myself I'll end up still on the plus side of the deal vrs current prices.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
The "detached rear window" makes for a great bargaining tool.. LOL.. As I found most people will walk away over it soon making the seller realize your offer ain't so bad...

Even if I have to replace my top myself I'll end up still on the plus side of the deal vrs current prices.
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I did it! I now have a 2005 Alabaster white Limited Roadster. The top appears to be in excellent condition and the inside is pristine. She has a little over 43,000 miles on her. I forgot how wonderful the handling is on these cars. I took her for a drive with the top down this afternoon and it was wonderful.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome back to the fold. I'm certain you will enjoy many miles of excellent motoring in your future, and if you have any issues you know where to come for the answers. I noticed you mentioned Chrysler dealers, my advise is that you forget about them, and source your parts from advise here. If your not the type to fix your own cars then find a good independent Mercedes mechanic with a solid reputation. Chrysler dealers know nothing about these cars.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome back to the fold. I'm certain you will enjoy many miles of excellent motoring in your future, and if you have any issues you know where to come for the answers. I noticed you mentioned Chrysler dealers, my advise is that you forget about them, and source your parts from advise here. If your not the type to fix your own cars then find a good independent Mercedes mechanic with a solid reputation. Chrysler dealers know nothing about these cars.
I will start asking around for a referral to a good Mercedes mechanic. I live in the San Francisco bay area, so there should be at least one In the meantime there is a new Chrysler dealership nearby. They have a technician certified to work on Crossfires, so in a pinch they can at least be a back up.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Crossfire Rose
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I did it! I now have a 2005 Alabaster white Limited Roadster. The top appears to be in excellent condition and the inside is pristine. She has a little over 43,000 miles on her. I forgot how wonderful the handling is on these cars. I took her for a drive with the top down this afternoon and it was wonderful.
Welcome back Rose. I myself had 2 Crossfires in the past, but after selling these, we still attended an annual meet up at the Texas Motor Speedway, Dallas, for a charity event with our old Crossfire Buddies. Seeing them, and the fun they were still having, prompted me to buy another just 3-4 weeks ago. Directly after that, another old buddy of mine, also decided to buy another, and return to the fold. These Crossfire Roadsters are great to drive, particularly in the relatively warmer areas of the country like California and Texas, where they can be used for most of the year. My first was an Alabaster White, then an Aqua Blue SRT6, now an Inferno Red Crystal Pearl. GREAT cars for the money, ENJOY both the car and your Forum Buddies.
Again Welcome Back.

Last edited by TerryR; 01-05-2015 at 05:46 AM.