New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New member/owner with problems, hello.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member/owner with problems, hello.

Hey, My name is D.A. I recently bought a 2004 from a dealer in Nebraska. The car is beautiful. I drove home to Georgia and it ran fine. I tried to get emmisions test done today. The check engine light will not illuminate on start-up and for that reason the test failed. The tech ran a diagnostic check and it spit out 5 codes: P0412, P0403, P0135, P0155 and P0410. Because the check engine light is blown (or inop for some reason) I didn't know I had any problems before now..... Any advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New member/owner with problems, hello.

Welcome to Crossfire ownership and to the most informative site anywhere for these cars. Here is a list of trouble codes to get you started.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-dtc-list.html

I am sure other with way more knowledge in this area will chime in but, I hope the list will help you to at least figure out what the codes mean.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Jebeni
Hey, My name is D.A. I recently bought a 2004 from a dealer in Nebraska. The car is beautiful. I drove home to Georgia and it ran fine. I tried to get emmisions test done today. The check engine light will not illuminate on start-up and for that reason the test failed. The tech ran a diagnostic check and it spit out 5 codes: P0412, P0403, P0135, P0155 and P0410. Because the check engine light is blown (or inop for some reason) I didn't know I had any problems before now..... Any advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
That dealer probably did the cheapest repair to a car with those problems than anyone in history by simply disconnecting the bulb. Figure out what was done to the car and put it up on Facebook, do not accuse him directly just see if he'll cough up some cash.
If Nebraska requires a pollution test before sale you should have him against the wall as he should have found the problems.

Figure out what was done to the car and threaten to put it up on Facebook, just see if he'll cough up some cash.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

For the P0135 and P0155, check Fuse #2 on the RCM, or the engine control relay contacts.
For the P0410 and P0412, check the RCM air pump relay for burnt contacts.
For the P0403, remove the ECR valve and see if you can clean up the carbon deposits, otherwise replace it.

( shortcut on the RCM stuff is to remove it and send it to tighed1 along with $20 and he'll fix it up for you.
send him a PM first )

Another thing you could do is get the heck out of Atlanta and move to Alabama like I did. No inspections here

Last edited by ala_xfire; 01-05-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I am rechecking the fuses and their respective positions, I suspect that some are wrongly identified.
The big one is correct for the Secondary Air Pump.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-05-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I am rechecking the fuses and their respective positions, I suspect that some are wrongly identified.
The big one is correct for the Secondary Air Pump.
Thanks Dave, never took the time to actually trace it out.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:23 AM

Welcome to the forum

Old 01-06-2015, 07:29 PM

If you need a good mechanic let me know I have a guy in hiram that has worked on my srt6

Old 01-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Was this an as-is wholesale type purchase. If not, it seems to me the dealer that sold the car to you needs to take some responsibility. If you think they knew about the problem, or even removed the CEL light, you could report them to the state used car licensing board.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:12 PM

Thanks to all for the welcome and the advice. I removed the fuse cover on the left side of dash and was able to see the back of the instrument panel. NO BULB ! I'm off work today and taking 1st steps. Dealer sales mgr. said he'd cover the diagnostic, maybe more depending on the outcome, maybe not... Now looking for anyone in the Atlanta area qualified to repair. Heading to the garage to check fuses now. Thanks again ala_xfire and onehundred80. I will follow up with updates..

atlsrt44: Yes please, I would like your mech's contact info.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Thanks Dave, never took the time to actually trace it out.
Here is the schematic of the RCM (K40).
See if you can decipher the fuses from it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
PLATE032 (1024x561).jpg (346.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 01-08-2015, 01:03 PM

Also, any advice on best way to get at and replace the missing check engine bulb?
(and part number for bulb)
My hand's not small enough to go through the left fuse panel opening...
Thanks again! D.A.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:45 PM

Also, any advice on best way to get at and replace the missing check engine bulb?
(and part number for bulb)
My hand's not small enough to go through the left fuse panel opening...
Thanks again! D.A.
Here is the method to take out the whole dash panel and instrument cluster.
A search will turn up the bulb, something is mentioned in post #29.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:35 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In your search for a qualified mechanic to fix your car, please consider that most likely that mechanic is not working at a Chrysler dealer. Look for a good independent Mercedes mechanic. He will be familiar with all those problems. You should also make the dealership install a the check engine bulb. I bet they took it out!

Old 01-15-2015, 12:23 PM

Good morning guys. D.A. from Atlanta here. My cel is missing in my recently purchased Crossfire. Trouble finding anyone to service it but came across an "Allspeed" in Peachtree City GA. (Thanks for the tip 05roadsterguy). They installed a bulb but it still didn't illuminate, Tried another bulb, Same thing. They are telling me next thing is to remove the instrument cluster and send it off to Baltimore, (I think). Do you fellas have any advise on this topic? Atlanta is an emissions town and I can't get plated with even the cel bulb out much less any codes. I'm pulling out the last few hairs I have...
ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
D.A. Pink 678-362-9191
P.S. I did perform the RCM cold solder fix the other night as this was 1 of the codes I'm getting, (all 3 were bad). Along with O2 sensors malfunction and EGR malfunction. (I cleaned the carbon inside the EGR and reinatalled). No blown fuses in RCM or anywhere else.
P0410, P0412, P0403, P0135 & P0155. I drove the car 60+ miles after disconnecting the battery and no codes popping as of yet...
Thank you...

Old 01-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Hey DA saw you tried to PM me. Mailbox is full so email me at

tighed1 @ Hotmail . com

Old 01-15-2015, 01:51 PM
Received 214 Likes on 162 Posts

Maybe tie into another socket that comes on with the key and goes out when the engine starts ,,,just to get tagged then you have time to find and fix,, jim

Old 01-15-2015, 08:48 PM

Thanks amx. Good thought and a good option...

Old 01-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Received 214 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
Maybe tie into another socket that comes on with the key and goes out when the engine starts ,,,just to get tagged then you have time to find and fix,, jim
as long as it does not interfere with what you are doing with the dealer that you got the car from,,,he may say you passed and we can do no more for you.. jim

Old 01-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Smile Re: New member/owner with problems, hello.

After performing some RCM and EGR preventive maint, I had the cel bulb replaced, cleared the codes and drove a couple hundred miles. Happy to report I passed my emissions test and just got my new plates, GOOD TO GO ! Thanks for all the helpful advice ! You guys are a valuable resource for knowledge and I'm very grateful.

Quick Reply: New member/owner with problems, hello.