New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New owner not exactly a new member

Old 01-06-2015, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner not exactly a new member

I have been a member for 8 months or so trolling the cars for sale area watching for something somewhat close by. Finally found my car, right color, SRT-6, very clean, 65000 miles. Now I'm just waiting for that truck and trailer to arrive with my car. I wish I could take the time off work to go down to AZ to pick it up but just can't swing it so I guess I'll just have to be as patient as possible.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:09 AM
Default Re: New owner not exactly a new member

Originally Posted by usafguard
I have been a member for 8 months or so trolling the cars for sale area watching for something somewhat close by. Finally found my car, right color, SRT-6, very clean, 65000 miles. Now I'm just waiting for that truck and trailer to arrive with my car. I wish I could take the time off work to go down to AZ to pick it up but just can't swing it so I guess I'll just have to be as patient as possible.

Very cool, good for you. The Utah scenery seems to be the perfect place to own a Crossfire (when the weather is good). I've been scouring the Cars for Sale tab just waiting for the right car as well.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:16 AM
Forum Regular

Congrats on the purchase & welcome to the Perma-grin Club!

When you get the chance, add your car on the SRT6 registery

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...continued.html

Cheers,

Old 01-06-2015, 10:21 AM

Welcome to the forum

Old 01-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Flight time from UT to AZ is 2 hours.

Drive time back is...you CHICKEN you!

Welcome aboard!

Old 08-10-2019, 09:41 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait a minute....a new to you older car probably should not be expected to be driven for long distances before you get a chance to work out the bugs like deferred maintenance. When I bought mine I was lucky to get it 250 miles home on its own wheels based on what I have fixed since the purchase. So anyway I wanted to call that less exciting judgement prudent and just a bit chicken. Good luck with your new car. May you have lots of fun zooming around corners.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Received 553 Likes on 438 Posts

Congrats on your recent purchase and welcome to our Forum.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:55 AM

If he still has the car, posts were from 2015.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_Lukeman
Wait a minute....a new to you older car probably should not be expected to be driven for long distances before you get a chance to work out the bugs like deferred maintenance. When I bought mine I was lucky to get it 250 miles home on its own wheels based on what I have fixed since the purchase. So anyway I wanted to call that less exciting judgement prudent and just a bit chicken. Good luck with your new car. May you have lots of fun zooming around corners.
Bit late now unless it took him 2 1/2 years to drive home.
I drove my car back to Canada from Florida non stop with my son, no problems with the car then or in the last eight years.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

I bought my Graphite in Arizona, drove it home 2200 miles to Georgia.
Bought the SE in Florida, drove 450 miles home to Georgia.

I don't understand the paranoia .

I also dont understand those who do not have the HABIT, and I mean HABIT of looking first at the date of the post. If a thread is long down the list on the page, it ain't a recent post.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:31 PM

I had clicked on "new posts" and did not look at the date making the assumption I was looking at new posts. Sorry for all the controversy.

Clearly many people have had better luck than I have had with little or no repairs so buying the car and driving thousands of miles to go home is no problem. My history has not been that good but I still love my car. I drive the car no more than 7 months a year and have driven less than 8000 miles in 2 summers and have had 24+ repairs that I can remember... some of them very minor like today I replaced the hood lift. Or larger repairs like valve cover gaskets, or first one cat then 6 months later the other cat. Then 2 oxygen sensors 6 weeks apart. Then secondary air pump...Then the coolant reservoir. Then new wheel bearing. Then thermostat. I guess 2 badly bent wheels are not really repairs but you get what I mean.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_Lukeman
I had clicked on "new posts" and did not look at the date making the assumption I was looking at new posts. Sorry for all the controversy.

Clearly many people have had better luck than I have had with little or no repairs so buying the car and driving thousands of miles to go home is no problem. My history has not been that good but I still love my car. I drive the car no more than 7 months a year and have driven less than 8000 miles in 2 summers and have had 24+ repairs that I can remember... some of them very minor like today I replaced the hood lift. Or larger repairs like valve cover gaskets, or first one cat then 6 months later the other cat. Then 2 oxygen sensors 6 weeks apart. Then secondary air pump...Then the coolant reservoir. Then new wheel bearing. Then thermostat. I guess 2 badly bent wheels are not really repairs but you get what I mean.
Your car was 90,000 plus miles when you got it, you have to expect some problems. My car was at 19,500 when I got it nearly 8 years ago and it is now at 39,000 miles, a big difference to yours at about 100,000 miles.
Getting the car fixed costs more than doing it yourself.