Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

How do I manually tune radio frequencies on the Infinity (sat Nav model)

Old 07-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do I manually tune radio frequencies on the Infinity (sat Nav model)

Hi,

Could somebody please tell me how to manually tune in radio frequencies on the Infinity head unit. It's the unit which has the Sat Nav.

I don't have a manual for this particular unit, only the none-Sat Nav model (due to previous owner upgrading the head unit).

I'm wanting to manually tune into radio frequencies so that I can use an iPod with an iTrip.

Thanks...

Old 07-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: How do I manually tune radio frequencies on the Infinity (sat Nav model)

I'm in the same boat you are in, just upgraded and have no manual. If I remember correctly when you are listening, say FM, you just tune the right **** (rotate it) and it goes to different frequency's. There is about a second of lag time.

Old 07-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Default Re: How do I manually tune radio frequencies on the Infinity (sat Nav model)

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, just for clarification, I'm actually trying to find vacant (empty/free) frequencies so that I can tune the iTrip FM transmitter into, so that I can then play my iPod's songs via the Infinity head unit.

If I turn the right **** it finds actual radio stations and not empty frequencies.

Thanks again.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:04 PM

Do you mean that when you try to put in the freq. manually it automatically adjusts, like it is scanning for the best station? For example you are trying to put the station on 88.7 or 88.9 for the ipod itrip and it automatically tunes up to 90.1?
I bought my Crossfire used so I don't exactly have a manual either, but I do have a ipod/roadtrip adapter and had the same problem. I managed to figure out how to adjust the station manually. Let me warn you it is definitely annoying but once you do it. Simply set into the preset/memory station buttons and you shouldn't have to mess with it again. Like upstate said you turn the right **** (rotate it) to tune to different stations.

1- Turn on the radio, make sure it is set to radio fm station side.
2- Press the OPT button (found on the top row/silver button).
3- You should see a different menu on the screen now, it should say:
Dis Reg Pty Tun Rds Txt Tp

4- Select/Press Tun function and
quickly rotate the right **** and you should be able to begin to select the radio
stations manually.
5- After you have found the station you want 88.9 or 88.7 or whatever dead station
you can find select whichever memory slot 1-12, I believe. And press and hold for
a few seconds to commit it to the radio station memory. Repeat as necessary.

Hope that is clear.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Smile Re: How do I manually tune radio frequencies on the Infinity (sat Nav model)

Hi,

Many thanks for al your help and advice.

Got it sorted.

Cheers,
x